• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top gear tonight

not to be missed, starts ealier to
    http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ristmas-treat/
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

think most 4x4 drivers that take there motors where there designed to go are waiting with baited breath for it!!

Comment

Going out shortly so i'll be recording it on my state of the art betamax i got for crimbo.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Watching it now.....

so funny!!!!
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

As usual - really enjoyed it.

Comment

Yeah it was class alright. That mountain road was unbelievable.

Only thing that annoyed me was the fact that the whole thing was definitely an exercise in making the range rover look good.
            That Land cruiser was knackered from the start & probably had gone to hell & back more than once.
            As for the little suzuki, im sure the way Clarkson dragged into a log at the start didnt help things.
            Oh & the way Hammond 'accidentally' left the hand break off when they were about to descend that massive dune. Utter sh1te.

It was still brilliant though.

Comment

Brilliant viewing but, as always, some of it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

No way would they have been left gasping for breath, their support team would have had oxygen on hand. A fat, unfit, barsteward like Clarkson would have passed out long before they reached that altitude!

No way would that scene where the trucks had to squeeze past each other on the killer mountain road have been allowed. The BBC health and safety guys would have had a pink fit.

Of course some scenes are staged, but it's great entertainment.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

and if you missed it here is the iplayer link
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...livia_Special/
                Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Brilliant viewing but, as always, some of it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

No way would they have been left gasping for breath, their support team would have had oxygen on hand. A fat, unfit, barsteward like Clarkson would have passed out long before they reached that altitude!

No way would that scene where the trucks had to squeeze past each other on the killer mountain road have been allowed. The BBC health and safety guys would have had a pink fit.

Of course some scenes are staged, but it's great entertainment.
                  if you pause the i-player HD version you can zoom ur TV in and see the chains and the "stunt driver" in the long range shot.
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

for you foreigners... the Pirate bay has it too.
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I've just watched it, great entertainment, When they work, the old Rangies are good. But then I've had Suzuki's and they are good as well, I also had an old Daihatsu F20 with Toyota running gear and that was great.
                      Brilliant Program,
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                      X