yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GG's Are On. Good Oppertunity To Try Them Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG's Are On. Good Oppertunity To Try Them Out!

Okay first things first, I've spelled 'opportunity' wrong in the thread title.

Now onto the good stuff. I got the tyres swapped over on Monday, the Marshal muds went back onto the chrome rims and the General Grabbers onto the alloys.

Went out around the local back roads today to try them out and I must say I'm very impressed!

You may just be able to see a white van in the background of the picture above. He had slid off the road into the verge and had been stuck there for half an hour trying to dig himself out. I hitched a tow rope to the van and pulled him free in two wheel drive! The grip from the Generals was fantastic.

Just one thing, how the hell do you get that blue stuff off the white writing on the tyres!

Oh, and before I forget, have a safe and merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 24 December 2009, 15:16.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Just one thing, how the hell do you get that blue stuff off the white writing on the tyres!
    Soapy water and scrubbing brush got mine to white.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      Soapy water and scrubbing brush got mine to white.
      Ah, as easy as that eh? Here's me looking for something complicated like cleaning fluid (although knowing my luck that would rot the tyres!)

Cheers, I'll give it a go when it's a bit warmer.

Comment

Truck does sit nice on them.

looks just right.

Comment

Looking good Jim

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Get it in the mud and the blue stuff magically disappears ( ye canny see it for the mud! LOL )
            A wee scrubbing brush and some soapy water takes it off.

I had GG AT's and they were excellent tyres, Bibs has them now.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Truck looking stunning as usual!
              To fix the blue writing, Halfords do a white tyre lettering paint that might be what you are after to re-paint it.
              I was going to use tip-ex..

Could you provide a link to the tyres? I need to buy one as it's wearing on mine a bit. May be I should buy 4 (or 5) because the tyres have been the same since Javars had them.. about 3 years ago.

Is that snow?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Could you provide a link to the tyres?

Is that snow?
                No problem mate, got them from Ebay as Camskill were out of stock until next year, only cost £4.50 more for the four. Here's the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170421401797

It was snow this morning, we've had a bit of a thaw this afternoon but it's freezing over now.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  Get it in the mud and the blue stuff magically disappears ( ye canny see it for the mud! LOL )
                  A wee scrubbing brush and some soapy water takes it off.

I had GG AT's and they were excellent tyres, Bibs has them now.
                  Mud! On my new GG's, oh no! Keeping the Marshals for that, Brian.

Any news on another Skye run next year mate? had a look on SMC but could only see the Northern Lights run listed.

Comment

I'm alan, yoshies brother LOL, and not heard any news on another trip yet mate, there was talk of a snow run sometime early in 2010.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

What chrome rims are they? Look very nice. Are they 16" or 15s?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I think I had similar on my Cherokee,

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                          What chrome rims are they? Look very nice. Are they 16" or 15s?
                          Look better in the picture mate, they're actually a bit tatty but ideal for off roading. They are 15 x 8J, about the minimum requirement for 33 x 12.5 x 15 tyres.

Comment

Working...
                          X