window help needed please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window help needed please!!

need a bit of help from u guys please,some little scroat decided to smash my quarter window on the rear pass door last night (and have a good old rummage around while he was there) and need a bit of advice on how to fit a new 1 all tips gladly recieved
    thanx, pete
    hilux surf 2.4 auto ssr-x 1991

Hi Pete.You will need to take the window mech out in order to undo the bar between the window and the quarter light to replace it.I can supply a window for you if needed and while taking it out i can take some pics and post up for you.The window will be £15 delivered
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Never had to do one on my surf but all the other vehicles i have done needed the door card removed and a retaining screw removed from the bottom of the bar it will give you just about enough room to put the new window in you might want a little bit of washing up liquid to ease the rubber going in
      may the little shits tongue drop out and fester for breaking your window
      good luck with replacing it
      I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

did you forget me rich
        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

if you need some were to do it indoors
          let me know dude
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
            did you forget me rich
            No i never Andy as i haven't had chance to check yet.I will certainly check tomorrow tho and if i have them i can get them sent next day for you

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              let me know dude
              how u gonna get a surf in your lounge??

Comment

its really easy on the surf. get the door card off and theres a bolt (or two?) in there. there also one screwing into the top of the piller from the very top of the door frame.
                the seal should come out real easy to let you get the remains of the smashed glass the you can refit the seal and quarter glass in one piece.

i had to smash mine intentionally after i locked the keys and the dog in it

Comment

Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
                  how u gonna get a surf in your lounge??
                  tiz 40ft by 40ft lounge full of wood and a forklift
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    Hi Pete.You will need to take the window mech out in order to undo the bar between the window and the quarter light to replace it.I can supply a window for you if needed and while taking it out i can take some pics and post up for you.The window will be £15 delivered
                    yeh that would be great!please e-mail me on peter.sproston@sky.com with your contact detail and ill ring u back or ring me on 07714522469 and sort the payment out ive got a piece of perspex in there at the moment but want to get it sorted properly asap,thanx again ,pete
                    Last edited by pocketrocket; 22 December 2009, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      let me know dude
                      will do matey, ill see how i get on with the weather first! its not beaten me yet!! where bouts in roth are u?

Comment

Originally posted by pocketrocket View Post
                        ive got a piece of perspex in there at the moment but want to get it sorted properly asap,thanx again ,pete
                        thats posh :P
                        i cut a carpet tile and fitted it backing side out while i waited for my glass

Comment

Originally posted by pocketrocket View Post
                          yeh that would be great!please e-mail me on peter.sproston@sky.com with your contact detail and ill ring u back or ring me on 07714522469 and sort the payment out ive got a piece of perspex in there at the moment but want to get it sorted properly asap,thanx again ,pete
                          I'll give you a ring later Pete as i've only just seen the reply

Comment

Originally posted by T1z3R View Post
                            thats posh :P
                            i cut a carpet tile and fitted it backing side out while i waited for my glass
                            hahaha u have to make do with what u`ve got at the time,it was a piece of cardboard first then i upgraded to the perspex!!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              I'll give you a ring later Pete as i've only just seen the reply
                              no probs bud

Comment

Working...
                              X