just want to say......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just want to say......

what a fantastic truck the surf really is, I know alot of you have much more experience with the surf than me but it is my first 4x4 and I can see for myself the pretty much unstoppable features of this truck, the only thing that is not standard about my truck is the wheels and tyres and so far in the snow I have gone through 18 inch snow drifts, pulled 2 cars up the hill out of my street which is still compacted snow and ice, neither of which were assisting at all and were in neutral all the way and for the me it's best display of pulling power was coming across a stranded RAC transit, it was stuck in approx 12 inches of snow in the hedge on a fairly steep uphill lane, but a tow in low range 4wd proved no problem at all.
    So I am well impressed

i miss mine i dont get it back till next year sometime
    you can throw alot at a surf and it just keeps going
    i kill mine often but i know what they can do and what hammer they can take

i pulled trees out large ones too
    towed jcb's out mud
    removed many cars with the bull bar from mi dads car park
    saved people in the floods of 5ft in placers
    bounced it 5ft in the air
    droped off 30ft or so drops
    drove in rivers lakes
    among other things i wont ever admit online
    yes girls that is in a 2.4

its a love of a hilux surf is the reason i keep it
    its cheaper to get a new one but i like this one so iam saving up
    i even canceled christmas to save money
    the surf is in for a treat some time next year
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Spent a while thursday night pulling cars up six hills way junc valley way including a 4wd audi and a shogun. They were in 4wd but due to the all the stupid lsd stuff on them all the drive going to the wheels that were spinning they were going no where.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

well just had another phone call from a family member who's car is stuck at the bottom of a hill, the mighty surf to the rescue again, i may treat it to a wash before its mot in january, but i love my truck.
        and its supposed to snow again today so i better go out to patrol stevenage for stuck bmw's lol i gotta get a pic of me pulling another lesser 4x4
        Last edited by mickyd; 21 December 2009, 13:58.

Comment

Well I skidded and hit a parked Yugo today, Must get some good tyres.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

hope you didnt do too much damage to the yugo!

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              Well I skidded and hit a parked Yugo today, Must get some good tyres.
              did u manage to pick it out from under the truck lol,hammer hitting coke can springs to mind lol

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
                hope you didnt do too much damage to the yugo!
                I dented my bluddy chrome bumper though.
                How much snow in Stevenage? I have family there.
                I spose all the sledging is going on down at Aston golf club this weather?
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

we've had between 4-6 inches drifting up to 2 feet in places and its forecast to snow again today, but the temperature is staying cold so snow is not really melting and the council aren't really salting the roads much, I heard a rumour last night from someone who has contacts at county hall that due to a shortage of funds the local authority has sold off a large percentage of their grit lorry fleet, which would explain why the roads aren't being gritted.
                  Last edited by mickyd; 21 December 2009, 14:22.

Comment

Working...
                  X