4x4 help for a novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 help for a novice

hi just wondering if when you want 4x4 you just push the buton on the side of the small stick,, or do you have to put it in to park first or somthing? ther is three positions on the small stick L/N/H which position should it be left in for normal driving? ....iv had a look on this sight ,but its a bit to technical for me , so just simplyfi it for me .....

thanks a lot for enny help,,

Originally posted by neo
    hi just wondering if when you want 4x4 you just push the buton on the side of the small stick,, or do you have to put it in to park first or somthing? ther is three positions on the small stick L/N/H which position should it be left in for normal driving? ....iv had a look on this sight ,but its a bit to technical for me , so just simplyfi it for me .....

To use 4wd simply press button, 4wd indicator will light up on dash. Do not use 4wd on tarmac or hard solid surfaces, you will cause damage to the transmission, this can be engaged at up to 100Kph, use only in mud heavy snow etc. Moving the lever to L will also engage 4wd and low ratio, only use in severe off road conditions, you must be stationary to do this.

I know you said you have searched but this is all covered in great detail here on the forum, keep looking around, you'll uncover a wealth of information.
    Please fill in your vehicle details in your profile so that others can give answers most relevent to your particular model.

Finally, WELCOME ABOARD HAPPY SURFIN!
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by neo

HI,

You should find all the info on 4 wheel drive here

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=wheel+drive
      Last edited by jotto; 4 June 2004, 23:13.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Jon, your link doesn't work. I get a "404-file not found" report.
        Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
          Jon, your link doesn't work. I get a "404-file not found" report.
          Should be ok now
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
          X