Need a favour from someone with Sky Freeview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark g8awo View Post
    Exactly a freeview box comes from the same source you could also get HD if you have enough gain on the dish...Using a Freeesat box means no worrying about cards again...

Plus no realignment of your existing dish
    Being techno thick, please explain how this would work, as it would be lovely to not have to use sky.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
      Being techno thick, please explain how this would work, as it would be lovely to not have to use sky.
      Me three.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

That would be good if i lived in the UK, unfortunatly, here in Greece, its through Sky or Sky, I have another sat system which is tuned to hotbird satelite, but again no UK channels, so its back to Sky again.

The wife checked, and it's no good as we have sky contract digital and not free sat ??
        www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          The wife checked, and it's no good as we have sky contract digital and not free sat ??
          Hi Tiger, thanks for trying for me mate, i appreciate that.

Comment

Simples

If you are taking your feed from the same source as us in the UK ie 28deg east all you need to do is obtain the freesat box and swap it over.

Fleabay is a good source for the boxes and top field or humax being one of the better in the range
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo View Post
              Simples

If you are taking your feed from the same source as us in the UK ie 28deg east all you need to do is obtain the freesat box and swap it over.

Fleabay is a good source for the boxes and top field or humax being one of the better in the range
              I shall have a looksie, like everything, it depends on the cost, freeview card 20 quid plus postage, freeview box,?

Comment

I shall have a looksie, like everything, it depends on the cost, freeview card 20 quid plus postage, freeview box,?
                Freeview box, cheapest good one, 118 spondoleys,plus postage, so about 140 spondoleys in total, extra large credit crunch in Greece, so still need a Sky card,

Comment

Greecy dont know if its any help to you now but just got sorted out with an hd box so have a normal pace digibox here if its any good ... unfortunately cant do the card tho as all the family and friends have sky contract and folk over here are in the same boat.
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                    Greecy dont know if its any help to you now but just got sorted out with an hd box so have a normal pace digibox here if its any good ... unfortunately cant do the card tho as all the family and friends have sky contract and folk over here are in the same boat.
                    Hi Wiggy, raided me piggy bank, bought a Freesat box, and also a sky white card just in case of problems, sold my sky box recorder to slobodan as i never used the record bit, what do you want for the pace box, as its always handy to have a spare,

Comment

i will see what i can do but a sky card is married to the box its to be used in so you cant just pop it in a box here and the post it
                      Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie.t View Post
                        i will see what i can do but a sky card is married to the box its to be used in so you cant just pop it in a box here and the post it
                        Thanks mate, but i am sorted now, have bought a freesat box, and a sky white card of fleabay. Sky freeview should work in any box, without being mated, but i appriciate the offer of help, Slobodan still needs a card if you are able to help him.

Comment

Slobodan still needs a card if you are able to help him.
                          I think I'm going to be OK, I got a mate to order me one.
                          What I'm more worried about Greecy is Pireaus! I bank with them, Are they going under?

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            I think I'm going to be OK, I got a mate to order me one.
                            What I'm more worried about Greecy is Pireaus! I bank with them, Are they going under?
                            So do i, what have i missed.

Comment

So do i, what have i missed.
                              http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8420719.stm

Comment

More worrying, my mortgage is with Eurobank, just normal banking through Piraeus. bugger, time to hope that for once the Greeks will sort themselves out, most of Greeces debt is owned by these banks, so Greece goes, they go with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X