• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
    Love Stacey and where is all her mates
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Well this should be the 44th post which is well in excess of the nominal 20 so feel free to deviate from the topic !

I HATE X Fuctor - it bores me rigid and is just a vehicle for the Simon Cowell agrandisment society ...

How's that for a start ?

The x factor; Rich people making working class people dance & sing so that they can become rich people & in the process makes the rich even richer.
      Keep phoning in suckers & line the pockets of those who own it.

Its a televisual virus.

Comment

'kin ell - I agree with you !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

'kin ell - I agree with you !

Ok there is one good thing about x-fracture;.... Holly Willoughby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
            Get it? Got it? Good!
            There are some on here who understand our language and some who don't, but are willing to learn from people who do.

What you have to remember, my friend, is that one can't educate Pork. There exists a small sub-culture who will argue that written English is not important. They sadden me greatly, but seem to proliferate on forums such as this. It's best just to tell them what's correct and then laugh at their stupidity when they try to justify their tardiness.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yo dude - you is da man !

Or to be precise you're spot on - it's a source of constant amusement that my company employs large numbers of people with firsts and 2/1's and yet they're incapable of putting together a report without including significant grammatical and spelling errors ! How the hell can they expect to sell these people as highly skilled consultants and charge £1000 per day if they can't do the basics ???

Needless to say I don't have a degree of any sort, don't get paid a fortune and certainly don't get charged out at £1k a day !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                So, 'is' could be right but only if Bob and Peter were recognised as some form of group and you weren't restricting it to British English.
                Get it? Got it? Good!
                No. English is not restricted to the British version. If Slobodan's daughter is being educated overseas, it is perfectly plausible that she is not learning British English.

Comment

No. English is not restricted to the British version. If Slobodan's daughter is being educated overseas, it is perfectly plausible that she is not learning British English.
                  That is a great point, I hadn't even considered that. I'm glad you did before I go down the school and open my great trap.
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    That is a great point, I hadn't even considered that. I'm glad you did before I go down the school and open my great trap.
                    God help you she might be being taught 'american' english. however I believe no such thing exists (or should). It should be either English or American!
                    When we were in New York we had a lady in the shop say 'keep talking you speak English so cute' My wife answered 'no dear we speak it properly'
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Yo dude - you is da man !

Or to be precise you're spot on - it's a source of constant amusement that my company employs large numbers of people with firsts and 2/1's and yet they're incapable of putting together a report without including significant grammatical and spelling errors ! How the hell can they expect to sell these people as highly skilled consultants and charge £1000 per day if they can't do the basics ???

Needless to say I don't have a degree of any sort, don't get paid a fortune and certainly don't get charged out at £1k a day !

A grand a day? Who do you work for?
                      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

There is no such thing as British English.

The English language evolved in England, hence the name. Duh!
                        Britain consists of 4 nations, England, Scotland, Ireland (North) & Wales.
                        They all have their own distinct languages and cultures & quite right to.

The English language is, the English language, regardless of where or by whom its taught.

BTW: I have met many so called English teachers in my time. Both here in Britain and abroad. The standard and abilities of some teachers are at best average & at worst, dreadful.
                        All a question of the standard individual countries set or, what the 'teacher' can blag his/her way into.

A good example is North America. They say they teach and speak English.
                        What a cheek! They are incapable of spelling the words correctly & don't even get me started on their pronounciations!

ENGLISH IS ENGLISH, IS ENGLISH!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          There are some on here who understand our language and some who don't, but are willing to learn from people who do.

What you have to remember, my friend, is that one can't educate Pork. There exists a small sub-culture who will argue that written English is not important. They sadden me greatly, but seem to proliferate on forums such as this. It's best just to tell them what's correct and then laugh at their stupidity when they try to justify their tardiness.
                          Agreed. Its just that I do get irritated by the misuse and continued desecration of such an amazing language as ours.

To lose your language, is to lose your nation's identity!

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            Don't get sucked in by the ignorant!

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                              God help you she might be being taught 'american' english. however I believe no such thing exists (or should). It should be either English or American!
                              When we were in New York we had a lady in the shop say 'keep talking you speak English so cute' My wife answered 'no dear we speak it properly'
                              Classic! I've had the very same thing & given a similar answer! Either that, or I need to explain that Australia is a long way from England & London is not near England but the capital of it! How ignorant are they huh?

Comment

Classic! I've had the very same thing & given a similar answer! Either that, or I need to explain that Australia is a long way from England & London is not near England but the capital of it! How ignorant are they huh?
                                Don't get me started with the Americans! Shower of uneducated and insular cretins.

"Eedinebro, how quaint. Look Chuck, they even built the castle next to the railway station..."

"Scatchland, is that in England?" <-- If anyone says that to me I will hit them!
                                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                                X