Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
    hey you whiskey drinkers
    i dont drink ya all no that or spell
    but there all ways a butt

but i did drink whiskey and lots of once aponatime
    lagavulin has only one L

johnny walker top stuff but costly

my fav was jameson's but it made me go all daft
    i havent drunk in years but im gonna this xmas,cant remember the one i used to drink for the life of me lol

Comment

Sorry George I know I wentto specsavers but sometimes I just can't spell or lack of attention to detail and dereliction of duty ?

anyhow I'm on Jack Daniels tonight, off up North Yorks tomorrow take presents to Pickering stop at Thornton le Dale then Rievaulx Abbey for Christmas carols on sunday then home back to reality ! take pics of Surf and hopefully Jay will buy it

Just watched have I got news for you had a good laugh
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Dunno if i did owt to help you John but your welcome, yeah! this site's ok i suppose
        Not what it used to be IMO..!

Comment

"With the possible exception of the USB Key that survived a washing and drying cycle, no other Maximum PC Challenge has ever surprised us as much as this one. It’s downright humiliating, in fact, that in many cases, we were unable to tell the difference between an uncompressed track and one encoded at 160Kb/s, the bit rate most of us considered the absolute minimum acceptable for even portable players. Some follow-up testing confirmed our suspicions: variable bit rate encoding makes a tremendous difference in the audio quality results, certainly enough to justify—many times over—the slight file size increase. Capping the bit rate at 160Kb/s in MP3 files can be pretty harsh on a track, but allowing the bit rate to wander upwards during more complex passages—as variable bit rate encoding does—and throttle down during quieter sections captures an astonishing amount of complexity while keeping file sizes down to an impressive minimum."

So why do you off road?
          Brian

Comment

might explain the above

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.” A Czech proverb.

When it comes to judging Deuchars IPA as a fine beer, we haven't been counting the sips, but we will admit to making a list of the people who are thoroughly sure.

2007, Champion Bitters (Up to 3.9% ABV), Silver. Society of Independent Brewers Association (SIBA), National Beer Competition 2007

2005, Champion Beer. Brewing Industry International Awards. Judged by a panel of 30 international, professional brewers - from 150 cask ales.

2003, Beer of the Year. Awarded in recognition of outstanding quality at the Tynemill Beer Awards voted for by consumers.

2003, CAMRA Great British Beer Festival, Bronze award in the Bitters category.

2003, CAMRA Standard Bitter Class Winner 2003, Winterfest XI, as voted by customers of Winterfest XI.

2003, CAMRA North Herts Letchworth Garden City Beer Festival. Awarded Beer of the Festival winner.

2002, Ravlunda Beer Festival. Winner of First Prize at the International Beer Festival held in Ravlunda, Sweden.

2002, CAMRA Peterborough, 25th Peterborough Beer Festival - Bronze Award in the Bitter Category.

2002, Winner of the Best Bitter category and Overall Beer of the Festival, at the Sheffield Steel City Beer Festival.

2002, Winner in the Bitters category, at the 25th Norwich Beer Festival.

2002, CAMRA Supreme Champion Beer of Britain, Winner, at the GBBF in London.

2002, CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain, Gold Award in the Bitter Category at the GBBF, London.

2002, Brewing Industry International Awards, Bronze Medal, at the Brewing Industry International Awards, held in Burton on Trent.

2002, Second Place awarded in recognition of outstanding quality at the Tynemill Beer Awards voted for by consumers.

2001, First Place awarded in recognition of outstanding quality at the Tynemill Beer Awards voted for by consumers.

1999, International Beer & Cider Competition, [Bottle] Gold Medal Winner in the Premium Ale Category at the IFE.

1999, Bitter Category, Winner, at the GBBF in London.

1999, Overall Bronze Winner, at the GBBF in London.

1999, CAMRA Champion Beer of Scotland Competition, Third prize, Champion Beer of Scotland Competition.

1999, Sponsorhip of Edinburgh International Jazz and Blues Festival wins award under the Arts and Business Pairing Scheme.

1999, First Place in the Beer of the Year Award at the Tynemill Beer Awards voted by consumers.

1998, CAMRA Champion Beer of Scotland, overall winner, Champion Beer of Scotland Competition.

1998, CAMRA Glasgow & West of Scotland, Champion Beer.

1998, CAMRA Bristol Festival, Champion Beer.

1998, CAMRA Portsmouth Beer Festival, Champion Beer.

1997, CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain, Nominated in the Bitter Category at the GBBF, London.

1997, CAMRA Champion Beer of Scotland, 3rd prize, Champion Beer of Scotland Competition.

1996, CAMRA 19th Annual Peterborough Beer Festival, Best Bitter in the category for Best Bitters.

1996, CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain, Silver Award in the Bitter Category at the GBBF, London.

1996, CAMRA Champion Beer of Scotland, 2nd place, Scottish Beer of the Year Competition.

1996, CAMRA Northern Ireland Branch, the 2nd Belfast Beer Festival, 3rd prize, Beer of the Festival.

1995, Nominated in the Bitter Category at the GBBF, London.

1995, CAMRA Northern Ireland Branch, the 1st Belfast Beer Festival, 2nd place, Beer of the Festival.

1994, CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain, Runner up in the Bitter Category at the GBBF, London.

1994, CAMRA Glasgow West of Scotland, Beer of the Year Award, Winner.

1993, CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain, Runner up in the Bitter Category at the GBBF, London.

1993, CAMRA Glasgow & West of Scotland, Winner.

1992, CAMRA Glasgow West of Scotland, Winner.

1991, CAMRA Glasgow West of Scotland, Beer of the Year Award, Winner.

O and BDT wind it in mate they can't all be wrong
            Brian

Comment

WTF.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                WTF.
                Who says the Scottish can't do cask? First brewed in 1991, Deuchars IPA was the first Scottish beer to be crowned CAMRA Supreme Champion Beer of Britain in 2002 and has won more than 40 awards.

Hozat! Deuchars IPA has close links with sport, particularly cricket.

Celebrity drinkers include Ian Rankin, author of the Rebus novels, and Martin Correy, England rugby player and captain of the Leicester tigers

With food

Great a chicken korma, but a snack matching challenge by The Publican team found that Mini Cheddars are also a perfect partner.
                Brian

Comment

Rock-on!

Deuchars IPA is a cracking pint!

Anyone who says not is obviously a lager swilling girl!

BTW - Drinkers include me, and I know more about beer than feckin Ian Rankin!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
                    In Dorest most people think ABS in repeating "whoa" "whoa" "whoa" in quick succession
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Comment

Back in the late 80's I had the finest pint I'd ever tasted in the Four Marys in Linlithgow - it was Belhaven 90/- (That's Ninety Shilling for those too young to remember real money !) and it cost £1.48 a pint - the reason I remember the price is cos that was a bleeding fortune then !

Unfortunately 2 weeks later I had an even better pint of Abbott in the Malt Shoval in Edinburgh - I'd had loads of Abbott before but the pint served there was in perfect condition and I've had nothing as good since (Well not beer anyway)

But to put Scottish beer into perspective, at the time I was working in Stirling (Spent 9 months there) and my mates and I had an ongoing quest to find the best pint in the town - I still pray that we didn't find it cos the very best we drank there was mediocre to say the least !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          Who says the Scottish can't do cask? First brewed in 1991, Deuchars IPA was the first Scottish beer to be crowned CAMRA Supreme Champion Beer of Britain in 2002 and has won more than 40 awards.

Hozat! Deuchars IPA has close links with sport, particularly cricket.

Celebrity drinkers include Ian Rankin, author of the Rebus novels, and Martin Correy, England rugby player and captain of the Leicester tigers

With food

Great a chicken korma, but a snack matching challenge by The Publican team found that Mini Cheddars are also a perfect partner.
                          About halfway through the "rebus" collection and yup! rebus has the odd "Deuchars" getting to know many scottish beers and spirits thanks to ian rankin, often wondered what a pint of "heavy" was, crackin books!!
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Anyone who says not is obviously a lager swilling girl!
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                              hey you whiskey drinkers
                              i dont drink ya all no that or spell
                              but there all ways a butt

but i did drink whiskey and lots of once aponatime
                              lagavulin has only one L

johnny walker top stuff but costly

my fav was jameson's but it made me go all daft
                              Whisky has no e.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                Whisky has no e.
                                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                                X