yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts are in the post ...Going to be busy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts are in the post ...Going to be busy!

Hi Folks!,
    Havent been on the forum for a little while, but could do with your opinions....

Here goes................. i currently have a bog standard 3.0 and as the inside/outside was looking a bit tatty after all the battering it took getting us over to Italy and the pasting it gets on the roads here sooooooo finally decided to sort it out and have started to put together a bit of a wish list..... most of which is on the way courtesy of Stormforce (Cant say enough thanks for the help!), and a very generous and long suffering wife who is good at getting bargains on flea bay (ta very much Holli!). And while on the subject of thanks just wanted to say ta to everyone for all the help folk have given over the past few years and in particular since i moved over here and dont have access to the parts / garages / Advice i used to take for granted.

Anyhow here we go!

Before..........

This is what's going on now and over Christmas...

Thule Bars on roof..
    Wind deflectors...
    Jaos Bull bar and set of spots....
    Dog Guard fitted....
    New Speakers in back..
    +2" Uprated rear coils...
    2" body lift...
    New Rad...
    'Stubby antenna'...
    Tint Windows 35%/25% light smoke..
    Clear rear light clusters/sidelights chrome light guards..
    Leaky PS pump replacement...
    New CV gaiters...
    New Brakes front and back...
    ATF Cooler....
    All chrome cleaned...rear bumper quarters getting spotted with a couple of little bits of rust again but maybe thinking to paint??
    Black and brushed steel steering wheel
    Paintwork Waxed ready for some mud the new year!....
    Change rear window motor and fix passenger side rear so that it works...

Stickers not usually my thing but this i like ...

didnt someone have this on their truck before?

New tyres & shocks eventually.................... .......when i can sort out my accent so that the locals understand what im after lol
    Chrome/steel grill
    Bash plate

This is what cosmetically i think it will look like less wheels and tyres / suspension lift ..................though i do like the black wheels ..

Seeing a lot of corrosion on the alloys though and after a bit of tlc managed to get a fair bit off but any ideas on tidying the rest up without sending them away?

Have tools and acquiring axle stands / 2 trolley jacks for the lift any suggestions on which ones to get? or anything else i might need that would make life easier???

Thanks in advance!

Rob
    Last edited by wiggy; 30 November 2009, 12:09.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Thats a nice clean tidy truck Rob and the bestest colour.
    You could do with a coating of the brown stuff over it tho just to make it look better
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers she has done us good! not bad for 700 and a swap for the old knacked 2.4 & Dont worry its getting some when the crap weather starts in a couple weeks or so! will be good to get the lil ones out to the snow in the hills. Actually really excited about finally getting the surf the way we want it.
      Last edited by wiggy; 30 November 2009, 12:29.

Comment

Wiggy, was the shipping 'spensive? or are you bfpo?
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

It basically came down to the size and weight but overall i don't think the shipping was to bad.I think it was about £30 to send a 3.0l rad and that was well packaged due to the fact that the couriers damaged the first rad i sent out to Rob

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            It basically came down to the size and weight but overall i don't think the shipping was to bad.I think it was about £30 to send a 3.0l rad and that was well packaged due to the fact that the couriers damaged the first rad i sent out to Rob
            OK, thanks. Yep. I've discovered that 'Fragile' in English, means 'boot this all over the place' in Courierish or baggagehandlerish.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

If your needing parts sent over let me know as i got a 3.0l 2nd gen that i am going to start to break later this week

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                OK, thanks. Yep. I've discovered that 'Fragile' in English, means 'boot this all over the place' in Courierish or baggagehandlerish.
                Ha Ha too true and as Richard said i think the courier that he uses is pretty good and a lot cheaper than most. Posta Italia arent too bad up here and the missus has sent out a ton of stuff for ebay earlier this year but down in Naples its a different story. I do have a BFPO but they are down in the camp at Naples which is about 2.5hr trip one way so i only get post twice a week and have had some problems with the post around this time of year (i.e British Airways 'accidentally' leaving the mail in the UK for two weeks... funny that as they had more passengers than freight over the two weeks...), but anyhow they are usually pretty good with the small stuff as it goes out at UK mainland prices.

Comment

Trying to order the tail lights from these guys but have been waiting for a response for a couple of days now.... anyone used them before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Bump! sorry for bumping but the lights / accesories seem to be a lot cheaper than from Roughtrax etc .. need the stuff to be in the post soonest really but also was wondering if they are good ish quality before i give them some pennies??
                    Last edited by wiggy; 1 December 2009, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                      Trying to order the tail lights from these guys but have been waiting for a response for a couple of days now.... anyone used them before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                      dont like the look of those side repeater rings lol,but ive bought lights from them before,but not for a hilux,they were good,but was years ago,i couldnt find rear lights i liked for surf so i did this insted

Comment

I know what you mean about the side lights and the horrible chrome thingy's! lol but its the clear repeaters i was after but they also stock the clear rear lights and the clear / half colour ones that roughtrax stock for about 20 - 30 Quid cheaper http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=742. Really like the ones on yours though ... where from if you dont mind me asking and did they need anything doing?

Comment

I know what you mean about the side lights and the horrible chrome thingy's! lol but its the clear repeaters i was after but they also stock the clear rear lights and the clear / half colour ones that roughtrax stock for about 20 - 30 Quid cheaper http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=742. Really like the ones on yours though ... where from if you dont mind me asking and did they need anything doing?
                          mine are original rear lights plus one can of spray light tint and one can of spray laquer(from ebay)

Comment

Good idea! Hmmm .................... just need to check if i can do that without getting pulled over all the time here... Thanks for the idea and info on the ebay site
                            Rob

Comment

Bump! sorry for bumping but the lights / accesories seem to be a lot cheaper than from Roughtrax etc .. need the stuff to be in the post soonest really but also was wondering if they are good ish quality before i give them some pennies??
                              Had my rear lights from them a couple of years back and still looking good to this day

Comment

Working...
                              X