rear window stuck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window stuck down

hello i was wondering if anyone could help.

We have a 94 3l diesel and the window has gone down but will not go back up!

This happened earlier in the week and the garage "fixed it" (charged £92!) and it has gone down again. They said it could be some kind of electrical problem...

We came back on the Condor Ferry on Monday and we were parked outside, it was really rough and it got covered in salt water, although we did was it when we got home.

does anyone have any suggestions? thank you very much

( i did post this before but i am not sure it worked so sorry if there are two posts!!)

Is the motor making noises? and can you hear the relay clicking behind the pass side rear compartment

If not make sure the window lock button hasn't been pressed, and then check the rear wiper is fully home, and tailgate dosn't have something shutting it close propery

If its making whirry noises then you need to go and have a quiet word with the garage, they havn't fixed it.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

mine was struggling to get back up, so i took the panel off the tailgate and sprayed wd40 on movable parts and also made sure the rubber seals were lubricated....worked like a charm.... now have to see whats wrong with my other rear window on my other one...
      shirl

Comment

Ask the garage what they done to fix it, only takes a phone call then sus the rest out from there, they maybe done what i done, i took motor out and it was seized solid wi rust, freed it off put it back together, worked for about 3 or 4 times then stopped again, motor was gubbed. If thats the case u can swap the rear passenger window motor with the tailgate motor, just means ur back pass window wont work. It can also be caused by relays broken wires etc etc

Comment

WD40 works for me...I dont even take any panels off, just spray it down over the window when its down and oil the runners each side as the window would go up...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

wd40 dries out and holds dirt try silicone spray from spares shop it works for a lot longer
            I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

replaced the rear window mechanism (courtesy of stormforce) works a treat now. The one that was removed was well siezed and looked like it had not worked for a long time....Seller told me it had just stopped working the day before i was to pick it up ...lying little toad!

Now just need to get the fuel gauge sorted...then the doors .....and whatever next i find ...

shirl

Comment

Mine worked fine too, then one day just stopped. Have a look and see if water has got into the tailgate from somewhere and close that up if possible, i had to silicone around my spar wheel carrier cubby hole type thing cos all the fixings were broken.

Comment

Working...
                X