Copy of Key including remote locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy of Key including remote locking

I have just got my HiLux Surf and it only came with one key. I approached my local Toyota dealer thinking he could simply cut me a new key. I was wrong he advised me that a garage in North London could create a second key but no further information was forth coming can you help.

My Surf is a 1996 its the remote central locking part of the key I need to get a duplicate of.

Thanks
    Last edited by andrea; 2 June 2004, 22:05.

A lot of people have been to high street key cutters and they've managed to do it for them.

I took mine to my local toyota dealer and he got one for me within 2 weeks for £10

Comment

Originally posted by andrea
      I have just got my HiLux Surf and it only came with one key. I approached my local Toyota dealer thinking he could simply cut me a new key. I was wrong he advised me that a garage in North London could create a second key but no further information was forth coming can you help.

Thanks
      Some of the later Surfs have a chip in the key. What year Surf are you refering to, neither your post or your profile give us any clues........
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Mine only came with one key as well. Got one cut at the local Mister Minit. They keep the correct blanks. Just make sure they line up the shoulders when they cut them. The first guy cut one lining up on the end of the key. Would go in but not turn. Second one works perfect now.
        Mike G

Comment

Working...
        X