No announcement yet.

Clear Rear Light Units for MK 2 Surf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Rear Light Units for MK 2 Surf ?

Hi
    I saw a Burgundy MK 2 Surf on Bank Holiday Monday at Chelford (Cheshire) Market / Boot Sale and it was fitted with Clear Rear light units - Where can I get a set of these ? I have called all the main parts dealers and they say there not available or they will be getting them soon !! I know now they must be available as iI have seen them ! Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Driver; 2 June 2004, 17:32.
    I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Originally posted by Driver
    Hi
    I saw a Burgundy MK 2 Surf on Bank Holiday Monday at Chelford (Cheshire) Market / Boot Sale and it was fitted with Clear Rear light units - Who or where can I get a set of these ? I have called all the main parts dealers and they say there not available or they will be getting them soon !! I know now they must be available as iI have seen them ! Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.
    e-bay often has them....
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi Linda,
      Trouble with Ebay is they describe them as the correct fitting for a MK 2 Hilux Surf but when they are received they are for the Pickup's or MK 3/4 and according to Dealers that I have spoken to they will definitely not fit.
      Thanks for the suggestion but I would prefer to get them from a dealer and if poss collect and fit them at time of purchase (only 2 small nuts holding them into body).
      Andy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Linda,
        Trouble with Ebay is they describe them as the correct fitting for a MK 2 Hilux Surf but when they are received they are for the Pickup's or MK 3/4 and according to Dealers that I have spoken to they will definitely not fit.
        Thanks for the suggestion but I would prefer to get them from a dealer and if poss collect and fit them at time of purchase (only 2 small nuts holding them into body).
        Andy.

not sure where you will pick them up off the shelf but have a look at the Altezza site.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Hi
          I saw a Burgundy MK 2 Surf on Bank Holiday Monday at Chelford (Cheshire) Market / Boot Sale and it was fitted with Clear Rear light units - Who or where can I get a set of these ? I have called all the main parts dealers and they say there not available or they will be getting them soon !! I know now they must be available as iI have seen them ! Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.
          Try Roughtrax they import from USA i think they do two versions one is a all red unit which are around £80-£90,and the others are the clear ones which i think around £140-£160 ,very cheap eh!!!

They can e-mail you pictures of them if you ask.

Comment

Thanks Koi for the suggestion of the Altezza site they do list clear rear Lexus type units for a 4 Runner but the Indicator uses the red side light for indicator and flashes !!! so would fit but dose not have a separate indicator Bulb.

Thanks to Mick but I have called Roughtrax today and loads of times in the last 6 months to be told exactly the same thing every time that I call that they are due in next week or so ... and also called LA TRUX and told the same but after having seen them myself they must be available from somewhere unless they have been modified on the Surf I saw on Monday.
            Attached Files

Comment

Try Roughtrax they import from USA i think they do two versions one is a all red unit which are around £80-£90,and the others are the clear ones which i think around £140-£160 ,very cheap eh!!!

....lot of money to spend on looking really stupid

Comment

What - so you think they look "Really Stupid" Your not fitting them on yours so what's your problem ? I see a lot of Surfs with Mods that I wouldn't dream of doing or fitting but I don't see them as "Really Stupid"

Comment

Working...
                X