Never to be fixed list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never to be fixed list.

Im pi55ed off. Just added another item to the never to be fixed list.
    ######## in a van (of course) clipped my driver side wing mirror....BANG! Smashed, just the glass, works perfectly.

So let me see as it stands.

1 Need to respray the front wheel arch trim. Couldnt find the colour.

2 Fuel nozzle door doesnt close. Dont know how im going to sort that.

3 Driver side rain shield thing is cracked & needs replaced. they only come in pairs off course.

4 Missing passenger seat headrest.????

5 Wing mirror cracked & no doubt i'l have to buy the whole assembly even though i just need the mirror itself.

And of course because im living in ireland every single thing i need will have to be ordered from uk so i'l be hit even harder in the pocket and because its a 3rd gen it makes it all that little bit more difficult to get the parts.

Aaaah balls to it....may as well not bother, it'l give her a bit of character.

that all
    i need 1700 quid or so of bits from toyota to fix mine
    2 bottom arms are 350 plus vat each
    hope that makes you feel better coz it dint make me feel any better

before any one says owt toyota is the only parts i will use
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

There was a post on here a few weeks back about a guy who sourced a mirror glass for pence.
      Try a search. better to fix the little bits straight away, (in my opinion)
      Otherwise it will end up looking like a POS.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        There was a post on here a few weeks back about a guy who sourced a mirror glass for pence.
        Try a search. better to fix the little bits straight away, (in my opinion)
        Otherwise it will end up looking like a POS.
        Whats it like trying to get parts in Serbia. Probably easier than where i am.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
          Whats it like trying to get parts in Serbia. Probably easier than where i am.
          I've learnt the hard way. My wranglers and cherokees, all the parts come from the US, My surf, most parts from the UK, I just suck it up and pay.
          My model airplane parts and engines, from Hong Kong.

Paypal and the postal service.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

So let me see as it stands.

1 Need to respray the front wheel arch trim. Couldnt find the colour. HALFRAUDS MIXED MY COLOUR FOR €15 for aerosol

3 Driver side rain shield thing is cracked & needs replaced. they only come in pairs off course.

4 Missing passenger seat headrest.????

5 Wing mirror cracked & no doubt i'l have to buy the whole assembly even though i just need the mirror itself. I RECKON I CAN GET YOU THIS AT MY MOTOR FACTOR

And of course because im living in ireland every single thing i need will have to be ordered from uk so i'l be hit even harder in the pocket and because its a 3rd gen it makes it all that little bit more difficult to get the parts.

Aaaah balls to it....may as well not bother, it'l give her a bit of character.

AND ON THE BRIGHTSIDE AT LEAST YOU HAVE:

REVERSE
            HAIR DRYER (i hear you need these down in cork to keep flood water at bay)
            CURLING IRON in your 3rd gen

Comment

What part of Eire you in mate?? I am heading home in the surf at xmas to the big smoke so could deliver some stuff if you are in need!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                AND ON THE BRIGHTSIDE AT LEAST YOU HAVE:

REVERSE
                HAIR DRYER (i hear you need these down in cork to keep flood water at bay)
                CURLING IRON in your 3rd gen
                He also has a head gasket that wont shit itself on a hill!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                  What part of Eire you in mate?? I am heading home in the surf at xmas to the big smoke so could deliver some stuff if you are in need!!
                  nooby if you have room for a bit of a surf train i am in dublin and i can hold it for fonecrusher who's in cork if he wants till he gets up :P if he needs somewhere to keep it,

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                    nooby if you have room for a bit of a surf train i am in dublin and i can hold it for fonecrusher who's in cork if he wants till he gets up :P if he needs somewhere to keep it,
                    It would be a BIT of one alright,just me delivering to you lol

Comment

Ok lads im a bit less ####ed off now.

I can get the wing mirror glass panel from roughtrax for £21.

I just reshaped the rain shield thing on the door with a fine toothed hacksaw & sand paper, looks ok now.

Also found a lockable fuel cap on roughtrax website.

Hey Rob i went to halfords looking for paint here in cork & the response was...sorry we dont have that colour???
                      Phoned toyota......is it an import?....yes....oh sorry we cant help you??!!!
                      Where else could i get the paint?

Noobysurfer thanks for the offer mate, think i'l just have to order the stuff. Dont want to burden anyone with this sh1t.

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                        He also has a head gasket that wont shit itself on a hill!!!!
                        good one!

Comment

Ok lads im a bit less ####ed off now.

Hey Rob i went to halfords looking for paint here in cork & the response was...sorry we dont have that colour???
                          Phoned toyota......is it an import?....yes....oh sorry we cant help you??!!!
                          Where else could i get the paint?
                          send me a pic of your chassis plate, need the paint colour, mines an import and i got a can. mate of mine works in halfords, :P and mirror glass is about a tenor in my motor factor....

Comment

mate you can buy all those bits for next to nothing on this site and on ebay! i dont think its that much of a big deal. a pain yes but not impossible lol.
                            and Judwak let me know what colour hey are when you get them from toyota. for some reason mine are Green. wanted to check if they are toyota of upgraded ones. if there were such a thing? lol

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                              mate you can buy all those bits for next to nothing on this site and on ebay! i dont think its that much of a big deal. a pain yes but not impossible lol.
                              give stormy a mail, he sent me my gearbox and a few extra's i needed, great price too, including shipping about 200 cheaper than a gearbox here in ireland...

Comment

Working...
                              X