Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead Console

Hi guys,

in the overhead console where the Temp and Bar is displayed in the 3rd Gen Surf... there is an image of a car in the middle of two green lanes, now my namual is in japoness, and that little car sometimes blinks, can anyone tell me what it is trying to tell me?

thanks,

vladimir.

Thats the compass. Its telling you which Direction you are travelling in. Not much use if you live in Luanda as you spend most of the time either stuck in traffic or in a queue for petrol.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

hi bogus,

i see you know the drill in this place... but anything on the blinking little car?
      what does it mean when it blinks?

Comment

I had a similair set up on my 2nd gen. I don't think it worked properly as when it blinked it seemed to think I was facing north when I was facing east for example. As it's not a "real" compass but siftwRe driven, I could only assume the software was calibrated. In japan and only relevant for a certain line of longitude/latitude... But I'm probably wrong.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir View Post
          hi bogus,

i see you know the drill in this place... but anything on the blinking little car?
          what does it mean when it blinks?
          Sorry. I dont know.
          In response to GWH, mine seems to work OK and actually points in the general direction of travel, but both Japan and Scotland are North of the equator whereas Angola is not. I wonder if that confuses the poor thing and makes it blink?

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Try recalibrating it, haven't got my manual to hand but from memory i THINK you have to press the set button and then drive the surf in a full circle (make sure you've got plenty of space), I'm not sure if this is exactly right but i'm sure it's pretty close.
            Neal

Comment

Guys i think you missunderstood the question!

all i want to know is why the picture of a car in the middle of the two green lines blinks, mostly when going a bit fast...

Comment

is it similar to the speed bell that some have when you go over a certain speed??
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thank you da SLUG man...

i get the impression that its not only for speeding, because it happens when i am speeding at roads that the surface is not really leveled, we got plenty of broken roads... i just wish to add that it might be a warning of instability...
                  Who knows? i may be wrong though...

Comment

Working...
                  X