• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
    i have:
    B
    B1
    F K P
    You can't legally tow a trailer then. And if that's all that's on your licence, you can't ride a bike either.

Car and trailer is BE, not CE as I mistakenly quoted earlier.
    Last edited by Albannach; 25 November 2009, 00:55.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

looks like i will have to tow it with a rigid tow bar then? are they allowed on the motorway?
      ths is just getting rediculous now! im 27 and im being told i cant tow a ####ing car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      It would be so much easier if I just get a Lexus for you and have the engine and transmission waiting. Then all you need to do is find a friend who can drive, has a car and is willing to follow you to Wales and then give you a ride home.

Comment

looks like i will have to tow it with a rigid tow bar then?
        You can't tow anything. Do as Vince says, that's the easiest way?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          You can't legally tow a trailer then. And if that's all that's on your licence, you can't ride a bike either.
          i know. i lost my bike liscense. when i tank-slapped her over the wrong way of a duel carrige-way it was near the end of the 2 year time period you get to send off your pass certificate to the DVLA.
          by the time i recovered and fixed my bike, spent a grand on leathers etc i took her out for a spin only to then check my certificate the next day to find out that it was now INVALID! typicall! lol
          i havent bothered to re-do my theory and practical yet. cant be arsed.

Comment

and i couldnt post that info Albanach as it was a file from rapidshare. not a link.
            Cant you copy and paste the text in the file?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              It would be so much easier if I just get a Lexus for you and have the engine and transmission waiting. Then all you need to do is find a friend who can drive, has a car and is willing to follow you to Wales and then give you a ride home.
              yeah i guess. the thing is, i wanted to choose the donor car myself. the lex i have here is in exelent condition. she purs like new. and she is cheaper than i have found elsewhere.
              do you reckon you can find a decent Lexus for around £500 then Vince? and if so before xmas?

Comment

After reading that I am glad I past my test 27 years ago I got
                A
                B
                BE
                B1
                C1
                C1E
                D1
                D1E
                fkinp

Whatever all that is.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Cant you copy and paste the text in the file?
                  sorry it was a link. what was i thinking!? lol
                  not sure why he didnt just post it in here but hey.
                  http://rapidshare.com/files/31174016...Specs.pdf.html

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                    A
                    B
                    BE
                    B1
                    C1
                    C1E
                    D1
                    D1E
                    fkinp

Whatever all that is.
                    it makes me sick. by changing the law is just a prime example of how the younger generations of todays society cant be trusted with anything!
                    why does everyone have to suffer. dont they know who i am!!!??

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                      A
                      B
                      BE
                      B1
                      C1
                      C1E
                      D1
                      D1E
                      fkinp

Whatever all that is.
                      Yep, same as me. Some of them are tractors, road rollers and other pedestrian controlled vehicles, or something?

Comment

yeah i guess. the thing is, i wanted to choose the donor car myself. the lex i have here is in exelent condition. she purs like new. and she is cheaper than i have found elsewhere.
                        do you reckon you can find a decent Lexus for around £500 then Vince? and if so before xmas?
                        They all purr like new, they have two free flowing catalytic converters and five silencers!
                        With respect, I know what a good Lexus V8 looks/sounds like, the body/interior is irrelevent.

Comment

it makes me sick. by changing the law is just a prime example of how the younger generations of todays society cant be trusted with anything!

lol
                          If you think you have a bike license, you should have A on your's, which you don't!?

Comment

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...es/DG_10013073

i must be dumb because i cant work out what they are saying!
                            Right, so it's not all trailers then. What it says is "Category B vehicles may be coupled with a trailer up to 750kgs MAM (allowing a combined weight up to 4.25 tonnes MAM) or a trailer over 750kgs MAM provided the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen weight of the towing vehicle, and the combination does not exceed 3.5 tonnes MAM."

A surf is 2450kg MAM and about 1750kg unladen. Put simply, then, you could drive reasonably drive a surf towing another surf on a trailer provided the trailer weighed no more than 700kg (2450 minus 1750). Except, with 1750kg already in the towing surf, you would be over the weight limit unless you got a weightless trailer.

Basically, in a surf, you can tow a combined weight of up to 1750kg behind it on Category B and you'll need B+E if you want to pull more (which shouldn't weigh more than 2450kg in any case).

You need to read your licence and see what categories you're qualified for.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              They all purr like new, they have two free flowing catalytic converters and five silencers!
                              With respect, I know what a good Lexus V8 looks/sounds like, the body/interior is irrelevent.
                              Unless that console thing is not blurry? If it's OK you'll sell that for roughly what the car cost?

Comment

lol
                                My son drives a Land Rover (ha ha) at work and tows a tar pot. He is 25 and had to take a trailer test last year, but was allowed to tow up to 750kg without taking the test.
                                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X