Are all fuels equal ..Tescos - Shell etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all fuels equal ..Tescos - Shell etc

I keep hearing about garages and mechanics rubbishing tesco's for petrol and diesel
    Is this just an urban myth or are their genuine differences in say shell petrol compared to Tesco's....

Back in the day Baby

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
    I keep hearing about garages and mechanics rubbishing tesco's for petrol and diesel
    Is this just an urban myth or are their genuine differences in say shell petrol compared to Tesco's....
    i wouldnt know. i shop at ASDA.

Comment

myth comes from that bad batch,must be yrs ago now

Comment

I have been doing my own digging at this.. remember years ago you could buy 2 star, 3 star ,4 star petrol etc is that whats happening here, also do road tankers carry different types good stuff and cheap stuff.
        I have also heard tanker drivers add the additives when they fill the tanks at garages.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

The basic fuel is the same and you'll see different oil companies filling their tankers at the same refinery ! The clever bit is that each of the oil companies have their own additive pack which is usually a blend of detergents/performance enhancers etc - when they add the pack it changes the basic fuel into Esso/Jet/Tesco etc

Needless to say the supermarket's packs are less sophisticated than the premium brands !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

The supermarkets are cheap cos they don't need to make any profit on fuel... they can offer it as a loss leader to get you in the shop.

what's in the tanker is what get pumped into your car, the drivers have no control over it, they just connect up and empty it into the petrol station.

all fuel has to be a certain standard, but different places have different additives, like the shell optimax is supposed to be good stuff... i guess supermarkets just go for the minimum standard required to get a good price...

in the UK we have "premium" unleaded and "super" (95 and 98 RON) but other countries use standard unleaded which has a lover rating... (erm.. 92?)
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

How many Oil Production Assets and Refineries do Tesco, ASDA, Sainsburys and Morrison's have?

As Bob said, it's an additive thing. All fuel is produced to a standard, the only differences are the additives that are put in to the tanker at filling time. Almost all fuel (bar bunkered DERV fuel) sold in Scotland and the North of England comes from GRangemouth.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Unleaded (Texaco)has crept back up to £1.09 pl around here recently!

Comment

i used red long ago on a xanta for a year (i know i just dont care)
                  cleaned the filter out it was full of red lumps of crap

i used asda diesel for 2 years the filter was full of white sand about 2 ounce
                  i found this sand in morrisons too when i used there diesel but no where near as much has asda
                  there was no sand in red? why?
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Unleaded (Texaco)has crept back up to £1.09 pl around here recently!
                    tiz same here too

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      i used red long ago on a xanta for a year (i know i just dont care)
                      cleaned the filter out it was full of red lumps of crap

i used asda diesel for 2 years the filter was full of white sand about 2 ounce
                      i found this sand in morrisons too when i used there diesel but no where near as much has asda
                      there was no sand in red? why?
                      There is no sand in any fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        There is no sand in any fuel.
                        where dose the white sand come from if i only used asda diesel then

Comment

That's Cocaine, it's how they bring it in.
                          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            That's Cocaine, it's how they bring it in.
                            tiz pure white sand tho but not powder not tryed snorting it tho maybe next time i clean mi filters

Comment

There is no sand in any fuel at any point, up until it leaves the delivery pump. There may be an additive in ASDAs fuel that is cleaning something from the car's tank or fuel pipes?

Comment

Working...
                              X