aircon question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aircon question

i have never used my air con in the isuzu as its limp doesn't work that well needs a top up the problem is the car has a smell the only thing i can compare it to is a mild curry smell.i mentioned this to someone that said the smell comes from bacteria that lives in the air intake and pipework of the air con and that when i get it topped up that will spray the intake and kill the bacteria and no more smell .is this right or was he talking out of his 4r55 . it seems to be getting worse

This could be right as I've heard a similar thing but having never had the smell or had to have my aircon recharged I can't say for sure, failing that you might have a dead mouse ect behind your dash .
    Neal

Comment

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165632

Should always run your aircon (and keep it topped up) this prevents the seals from getting brittle and causing further leaks.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Topping up the gas and spraying the system with a germicide or whatever it is are different activities. You can buy spray cans of the germicide-anti bacterial stuff and spray into the air intake yourself. Having said that you can also top up the gas yourself with the Halford kit. ( as long as its R134). I think maybe your mate was suggesting that if you went to an a/c place, they would do both if you asked them, but you can do it yourself as well. Its got to be worth trying the anti bacterial spray at least, as its cheap enough

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

thanks all i think ill try halfords .

Comment

One more point, as Slobodan says, a/c needs to run regulary to keep the compressor seals lubricated otherwise they dry out, shrink, crack and leak. The a/c in my old Merc doesnt hold gas for that very reason. If youve never used the a/c you may find that the gas you put in is gone after a very short time. I run the Surf a/c for a few minutes every week, or as often as I remember and 2 years on I,ve not had to top up the gas.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

ok alex i have had the isuzu for1-1/2 to 2 years and never used the aircon its never worked properly but saying that i never seem too need it and on the surf i removed it all before i started off roading so it may be better just to have it cleaned and not bother toping it up

Comment

Working...
              X