X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    There's a facebook cafe???

No, the real thing.
    Aye, some Cafe application, there's a farm too...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Name something to the contrary then.
      You see examples all of the time in electronics. Take anything B&O and compare their prices against Philips, (old B&O kit), or the company that took over Ferguson for the newer kit. (Can't remember the name of the company for the life of me at the moment).

Comment

The muffins are great! Had three
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Lidl's Lasagne is very good!

Comment

i had a problem with aftermarket pads on my surf. they squeeked to high hell!
            buy toyota everytime!
            they grip much more than the cheap ones.
            toyota pads are only around £20 anyway!

Comment

I had a 50p bottle of wine the other night that I bought from Spain for novelty value earlier this year. Fully expected it to be cr@p, but it was actually fine. Not earth shattering, but really OK!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                buy toyota everytime!
                they grip much more than the cheap ones.
                toyota pads are only around £20 anyway!
                Mine are Milners and work just fine. They do squeak more than the Toyota ones I had last though. Where are you buying Toy pads for £20!!!??? Last ones I bought were £50 for the set.

Comment

DCS. my local parts dealer.
                  i can buy you a set and mail them to ya if ya want?

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but I only put the Milners ones on when I got back from France / Spain in September.

Comment

no worries.
                      i just did a quick internet search to make sure i wasnt going mad and i found a set of front pads (genuine toyota) for £18!

(scroll down)
                      http://www.japanese4x4spares.co.uk/toy-hilux-surf.html

EDIT: forget that link! im not sure if they are toyota pads. it doesnt say they are?
                      im not going mad i definately paid around £20 for them! lol
                      i remember thinking why are they cheaper than the aftermarket ones i bought which were shit!? lol
                      Last edited by goodcat; 21 November 2009, 01:43.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                        Brake pads all squeal. Another part of the technology in them is to make them squeal at a frequency we can't hear.

Comment

Well it seems opinion's very a lot, but like i said the truck is used very little (as little as possible) i've bought pads and shoes from "motor factors" in the past which definatly weren't ford or Vauxhall gen parts and all were fine,
                          gen toyota from roughtrax as quoted are £29.99 +shipping/vat etc, quite a difference!! just wondered what made these that much better than the cheaper sets,
                          i know the saying "ya get wot ya pay for" but i also know a lot of stuff is grossly overpriced, especiall the so called "genuine replacement parts" so as this aint an aircraft and i dont drive it like a loony, the cheaper pads will do for me, (tommy)
                          thanks for the opinions!
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

If u notice on roughtrax for pads etc they all say that they fit 4 runner etc, so try local motor factors and see if they stock them for the uk spec 4 runner, either that or am talking shoite again

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                              If u notice on roughtrax for pads etc they all say that they fit 4 runner etc, so try local motor factors and see if they stock them for the uk spec 4 runner, either that or am talking shoite again
                              Whenever I buy my Green stuff pads they are always for a 4 runner they don't have the surf in the book at EBC.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Good point Chriss/Steve! i'll check at out local parts shop, it'll save buggering about with post etc,
                                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                                X