New Poster & New Developments in rear window shennanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poster & New Developments in rear window shennanigans

Hello, i just signed up. I'm mid 20s living in NZ, from the west midlands. Just picked up a mk1 1988 4runner for 800 kiwi dollars (about 350 quid!) and i love it! quite the head turer with the fibreglass lid off, good for the beach

ONLY problem (and i find auto electrics interesting) is the rear window

The switch was dirty, so i tokk it apart to clean and adjust. Just baout got it sorted when i broke the the tiny litte seasaw metal prong inside the switch, so that was all over. In the meantime i have just been bridging the points inside the switch, and this worked fine no worries. Then it stopped working. Then i began to bridge 2 different sets of points on the switch, and this worked?? So i now have a new switch, which when pressed soes not operate the rear window, nor can i hear relays, nor does the onld key in the lock trick work. BUT if i bridge the outermost 2 points of each side of the switch, i can get it to go up and down

5 points like this:

O O O O O

orginally it looked like there was a sea saw peice fo metal that was constantly in contact with the centre point , delivering current to the points to the left or right of it when you rocked the switch, causing up ur down movement... also worked by brifging manually. Now i have to bridge either the 2 of the far left or the two on the far right to get some action - the middle contact seems to do nothing!! Personally i think i have tripped something or activated a solenoid or SOMETHING wich is telling the window not to do its normal thing. Window lock buttons are off, and the wiper appears to be in its home (however when roof is off and rear wiper disconnected the situation remains the same) wiper was connected for this excersise. I havent looked in the controll box behind the passenger drivers seat as yet - will there be any signs in there?

THanks for any help!!!

Karl

Welcome to hell
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
    X