No announcement yet.

I hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love poker and in particular online idiots.
    They have bought me a lift kit and a winch bumper in the last 3 weeks.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
      I love poker and in particular online idiots.
      They have bought me a lift kit and a winch bumper in the last 3 weeks.
      Was that you last night?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by isee View Post
        Don't think ti matter whether it was online or offline.
        Devilfish famously folded 4 Aces, having correctly read that the opponent is holding a straight flush. Who of you could have the discipline to fold 4 of a kind? I know I don't!
        This bloke went all-in with nothing though. I can't see how I could have played it any differently?

That said, if someone sees a flaw in the way I played that hand, please enlighten me!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          This bloke went all-in with nothing though. I can't see how I could have played it any differently?

That said, if someone sees a flaw in the way I played that hand, please enlighten me!
          Ah sorry I chose to ignore that part of your comment. I have nothing to say to make you feel better mate. there are millions of idiots out there.
          Gus Hansen, I believe, once said that it is actually harder to make money online, since you cannot really plan for your opponent to idiotically throw their stack in with nothing and get lucky.

Or something along those lines. And I witness it time and time again. you do something "by the book" and the odds are in your favour. you expect that the idiot who just re-raised your massive raise is about to learn a very expensive mistake and he just gets lucky. It's hurts doubly: first is that you are the loser. Second: the opponent has made a ridicilously stupid move and should have gotten his fingers burnt, but instead it is you who is in the gutter and he is very smug... Thinking about it, that's a lot like real life...

Comment

There's absolutely no counter against pure chance. You were unlucky, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by isee View Post
              Ah sorry I chose to ignore that part of your comment. I have nothing to say to make you feel better mate. there are millions of idiots out there.
              Gus Hansen, I believe, once said that it is actually harder to make money online, since you cannot really plan for your opponent to idiotically throw their stack in with nothing and get lucky.

Or something along those lines. And I witness it time and time again. you do something "by the book" and the odds are in your favour. you expect that the idiot who just re-raised your massive raise is about to learn a very expensive mistake and he just gets lucky. It's hurts doubly: first is that you are the loser. Second: the opponent has made a ridicilously stupid move and should have gotten his fingers burnt, but instead it is you who is in the gutter and he is very smug... Thinking about it, that's a lot like real life...
              Totaly disagree with Gus then. If I can work out how to, I will screen capture one of my account pages showing £240 deposits and over 7k in withdrawls. I look for the same idiots every night I play, luck will even out and decent play will profit long term. That is fact and why Poker is a game of skill not luck.

Not showing off but making a point and Albannach lives close enough to come check accounts. I have won over 15k in the last 3yr online and I only play £22 or £33 sit and go single tables and a handful of higher buy in trnys a month.

In fact type yoshie into the Sharkscope tracking site and search cryptologic sites I havn't played a crypto site in 2 years and Im sure that account will show over $7k in profit from single tables alone. At that time Betfair on their old platfrom were paying me 38% rake back I was playing 40 to 60 sit and go a week and earning over 200 a month just in rake.

I don't play near as much now but have still paid for my latest surf and all the mods on my mud toy with idiotic poker player donations, I love them all
              Last edited by yoshie; 17 November 2009, 16:14.
              Brian

Comment

I would have followed him all-in with a pair of Q's definitely, its a powerful hand. The inccident that isee mentions is a post-flop action, like i said anybody would go all-in with Q's.
                You say that other guy had 8c 10c? thats the sort of pre-flop hand i fold instantly, junk.

Funny thing about poker is there are instances of luck that reward the 'gambler' but in my humble opinion & from what ive read those that are the most successful at poker are disciplined,learned & patient, they play very conservatively, nothing risky just business.

Comment

Are you on jokerstars by chance Albannach??I have been beaten many a time by riverstar morons that had f..all and pulled a premium hand!!It is probably just as well its not a live table or ambulances would be needed!!!

Comment

I need to fish more I think. I tend to just sit at a table and play whoever is there.

Comment

ive given up the whole online poker thing. totally agree with you mate. its so annoying loosing to someone who hasnt got a clue or someone who doesnt care about losing his money. the amount of times ive lost too river cards is unbelievable!
                      i lost £2000 in one night once!
                      i was very drunk though lol

edit: poker is a game of patience and well timed aggression.........i have neither! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X