Hilux camper plans updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux camper plans updated

Just a little 'artists' impression of an idea i have for converting my surf into a camper.

(Scaled things up a bit.)

Last edited by fonecrusher1; 16 November 2009, 07:19.

Are you a midget?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I take that it has a removable top end for the seats
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
        Just a little 'artists' impression of an idea i have for converting my surf into a camper.

Hehehe!! That is so cool.

p.s. the fridges are much deeper and taller than that by the way.

Comment

that is deffo cool but the dimensions ain't very true...
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Tidy idea, if you can get it something like.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Hehehe!! That is so cool.

p.s. the fridges are much deeper and taller than that by the way.
              This is the sort of fridge im going to use.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                Are you a midget?
                You have never slept in the rear of a surf then.
                With that seat base removed that bed will take someone of 6' 3" easily.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  You have never slept in the rear of a surf then.
                  With that seat base removed that bed will take someone of 6' 3" easily.
                  Midget crossed my mind as well.

What Slobodan is referring too is the roof height, not the length.
                  With the bed like that, if you tried to sit up your face would hit the roof lining

Oh and the plasma TV would be about 5” deep @ that scale.
                  Last edited by PDR; 16 November 2009, 12:17.
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                    Midget crossed my mind as well.

What Slobodan is referring too is the roof height, not the length.
                    With the bed like that, if you tried to sit up your face would hit the roof lining

Oh and the plasma TV would be about 5” deep @ that scale.
                    True never looked at it like that. I suppose the sink is pointless inside the cab like that. It will will be a very narrow bed if he wants the space to the fridge.

Maybe he should just go for the truck tent and sleep in the back with all his gear in the tent section. I use this setup for weekend events and it works well. http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...haven-plus.asp
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                      Midget crossed my mind as well. Depends what your definition of a midget is, im 6ft 2 & i can sleep in the back of my surf no problem.

What Slowbodan is referring too is the roof height, not the length.
                      With the bed like that, if you tried to sit up your face would hit the roof lining Beds are primarily used to sleep on. I dont intend on living in the back of my surf!! its just meant as a weekender at best during the summer. A comfy dry bed to get a bit of kip.

Oh and the plasma TV would be about 5” deep @ that scale. Nope, thats pretty much what a 10" Lcd tv would look like
                      Thanks for the input lads.

Comment

I use this setup for weekend events and it works well. http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...haven-plus.asp
                        That's a good setup, I might look into one of them.

Comment

True never looked at it like that. I suppose the sink is pointless inside the cab like that. It will will be a very narrow bed if he wants the space to the fridge.

Maybe he should just go for the truck tent and sleep in the back with all his gear in the tent section. I use this setup for weekend events and it works well. http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...haven-plus.asp
                          Yoshie that does look like a good tent but personally during the summer i only ever stay in the same spot for a day or two & then go home or move on to another place. I simply couldnt be bothered with the hassle of setting up tents all the time.
                          Whats the point in getting everything set up & then taking it all down again within a matter of hours?

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            That's a good setup, I might look into one of them.
                            Works even better with a 2nd gen than my 3rd gen as you can drop the tailgate and get an extra 20" bed length and no hatch overhead to walk into {ouch}
                            But they are ideal for somewhere to store gear and get wet clothes off before jumping up into the truck for a kip.

They only take 10min maybe 15min max to put up.
                            Brian

Comment

Is there something that goes under the tailgate? to stop animals and things getting in?

Comment

Working...
                              X