X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no vince lol,propane heater,airbrushed then cleared up then took pics

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      Okay, this is a genuine question, not a p*ss take, so don't take it the wrong way.

Wouldn't it have been better to respray the whole car before airbrushing it? It looks like the whole body has been rubbed down ready for a respray as the paintwork looks flat.
      Originally posted by animal View Post
      im guessing that the whole car has been keyed up as the whole car is being clear coated, not just the airbrushed panels .
      as animal said,car was key scratched all round but has near on a grands worth of candy on it,so flatted back,then i airbrush then whole thing gets clear coat again

Comment

• Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
        no vince lol,propane heater,airbrushed then cleared up then took pics
        Why didn't you leave the heater on? Surely if it's cold enough to make you shiver so badly you can't take clear pics, it's cold enough to have a detrimental affect on the paint?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Why didn't you leave the heater on? Surely if it's cold enough to make you shiver so badly you can't take clear pics, it's cold enough to have a detrimental affect on the paint?
          paint only takes a few mins to dry and it was fine,was just cold by time i took pics was all lol

Comment

• Originally posted by darkdezigns View Post
            paint only takes a few mins to dry
            What are the ovens, that that paint sprayers use, for then?

Comment

Pies? (Sorry Andy, couldn't resist it mate).
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

surely you should know by now lol,aside from that,they are to bake the paint on,however ive been doing that car where it sits as the oven is being used all this week,anyway thanks for posative comments andy lololololol

Comment

• i wouldn't mind some flames painting on the underside of my bonnet on my TR7
                  as it has survived two fires and is known as the car with 7 lives (left) it would look good at shows..

this thread has inspired me to have a look around the net and all i can say is wow how much would something like this cost...........

Comment

• Originally posted by garry View Post
                    i wouldn't mind some flames painting on the underside of my bonnet on my TR7
                    as it has survived two fires and is known as the car with 7 lives (left) it would look good at shows..

this thread has inspired me to have a look around the net and all i can say is wow how much would something like this cost...........

alot is the simple answer,plus u have to remember it really narrows selling your car on ever again,but diffrent strokes for diffrent folks,i will be starting a thread on my surf soon as i'm doing the whole car

Comment

• the oven is used to cure the paint, mainly the clear coat which im guessing will be 2k
                      without an oven , 2k laquer will take ages to dry .
                      the basecoat that dd is using will as he said be dry within minutes of painting as the solvents will escape .

clear coat is completely different to the basecoat and therefore requires 45 or so mins in an oven to cure it
                      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

• ty animal,bit more done,wheels fading from pearl purple to black...

Comment

• Originally posted by garry View Post
                          how much would something like this cost...........

Your dignity?
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Your dignity?
                            Wow - I'll give up my dignity for that
                            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                              Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                                Thats pretty easy when you've none to give up though...

Looking at it closely, I would have had the body kit fitted properly before spending all that cash on the paint. The wonkiness along the sill makes it look even crapper.
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X