Immediate Atf Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate Atf Help Please

can anyone confirm where the drain plug is on a 2.4 auto ssrx, found a prime candidate but cant find a diagramm any where to confirm this. Waiting for reply to start drain off. BTW cant do a two bucket method this time round, funds xmas etc.
    thanks
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

towards the rear of the autobox sump .......

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...KPQT_3503.html
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      towards the rear of the autobox sump .......

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...KPQT_3503.html
      whey hey, smack on the button, just had 4lts out (and a sleeve full of ATF) and as its still dripping a bit, and the ###### rain is back, ill leave it stand for an hour dripping.
      Ant suggestions or recommendations for refilling, im told put back half the qty that came out, start engine and runthru gears a few times and continue to fill while in park.[COLOR="Red"].BUT is that with the engine running or not.

Thanks BIO for the diagram, havent come accross that site, will save it now.
      nigel

Comment

Next Job

while waiting for the rain to stop and the atf dripout, the next job is the rad and antifreeze. As far as i can see, theres a big black slam panel type thingy covering the bottom rad driain plug or hose (????). Can i take this off on my own, or its it going to fall on my head when i undo what ever is holding it on (AND what and how many bolts are holding it on)
        Tips for refill needed WATER to ANTI ratio if cruitial.
        thanks again.
        nigel

Comment

is that the sump guard you are on about at the front part underneath if so the rads behind that are the air con rads

Comment

Originally posted by cfrizzy View Post
            is that the sump guard you are on about at the front part underneath if so the rads behind that are the air con rads
            all i can tell you is it looks as if its in the way to get at the borrom of the rad
            nigel

ps if it is the sump guard, is it a sod to get off

Comment

give me a ring on 07773 815778

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
                ps if it is the sump guard, is it a sod to get off
                No, it's a doddle. But if you don't know what it is, you really shouldn't be messing about with it.

I have to say this, your questions are very very basic. So my suggestion to you is that you don't work on your truck unless someone who knows what they are doing is there with you. That way you'll learn and still have a working truck. I fear you're heading for a whole heap of grief if you carry on doing stuff yourself.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If you are trying to replace the rad on a 2.4, I remember when I did mine..

The sump gaurd or Bash Plate is easy to get off, there is simply 4 bolts. Underneath (or above) that is the air con rads. I had to unbolt mine to give me more room to get to the engine rad bolts.
                  I think there is a tap like thing to drain it, but I'm pretty sure I just removed the bottom hose and let it pour out.

Might be an idea to mention to make sure you dont have an air lock when you put it all back together. I never did, but it's good to make sure.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    No, it's a doddle. But if you don't know what it is, you really shouldn't be messing about with it.

I have to say this, your questions are very very basic. So my suggestion to you is that you don't work on your truck unless someone who knows what they are doing is there with you. That way you'll learn and still have a working truck. I fear you're heading for a whole heap of grief if you carry on doing stuff yourself.
                    Im not trying to change the rad, just get enough water or all the water out of the rad to make room for anti freeze. I had hoped that there would be an easilly accessable drain point but the "sump guard threw me a bit. Cfrizzy has talked me thru it now, and some other very usefull stuff. Ill be meeting him near his home in the near future so a lot of jobs that i dont yet have the knowledge to do will be adressed. Thanks for the warning, but needs must at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
                      Cfrizzy has talked me thru it now, and some other very usefull stuff. Ill be meeting him near his home in the near future so a lot of jobs that i dont yet have the knowledge to do will be adressed.
                      You'll learn much more in a few hours with a qualified mechanic than you will from a lifetime of fumbling around yourself!

Thanks for the warning, but needs must at the moment.
                      Messing about with things you know nothing about is false economy. If a job is done right, it's only done once.

Comment

Finding out the info you need well in advance before you start a job also helps, especially when you're going in blind. Btw, adding something along the lines of urgent/immediate to a thread title is totally unnecessary and, to be blunt, quite rude. People will answer in their own good time. They won't drop everything at someones behest, however. Rather the opposite, generally.

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/articles.php?rid=5
                        Last edited by MattF; 16 November 2009, 02:05.

Comment

Messing about with things you know nothing about is false economy. If a job is done right, it's only done once.
                          Except operation Desert storm.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Except operation Desert storm.
                            To every rule, there is an exception...

Comment

You'll learn much more in a few hours with a qualified mechanic than you will from a lifetime of fumbling around yourself!

if you take the trouble to read my first post, youll notice i asked for confirmation not where. As i was taught to measure twice cut once, i really dont see your point. Having now succesfully drained and refilled my ATF is further evidence of my untapped capabilities. + have spent many an hour researching on the how tos posted in varios places on the forum. Ill admit i wouldnt undertake a major job like brakes or a rad change but for a first time to change atf i think with what ive read up on, and heeded the advice of others, i feel pretty dammed pleased with myself. Having spent 20yrs in the IT industry, developing and building some pretty high tech stuff, I feel your comments are implying that i have no intelligence or common sense. I beg to differ. There is a first time for everything, not allways with the luxury of someone holding your hand. First Pc motherboard swapout, first oil change...little difference to me with the correct approach.

quite right, thats why i double check.
                              Last edited by nigel129; 16 November 2009, 04:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X