Urgently required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgently required...

A copy of the latest version of the highway code (the online one is out of date too). Mine has a bit about how to negotiate roundabouts and use things called indicators to let other road users know what I'm about to do. Obviously this section has been removed.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

what happend

Comment

That bit was removed some time ago mate... the flashing orange lights were too much of a distraction for some drivers...
      I know how you feel...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

And on most cars they are optional extra anyway..

As are fog light switches, it seems a lot come wired in ON mode only
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

One of my favourite gripes.

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
            what happend
            Nothing specific. We have a roundabout near us, it's massive, with 7 exits on it. For some reason folk drive round the outside of it, meaning that folk who are using it correctly can't get to their exits. Same with spiral roundabouts, they're feckin simple, so why the fcuk can't folk use them either.

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
              And on most cars they are optional extra anyway..

As are fog light switches, it seems a lot come wired in ON mode only
              If mr plod applied the rules correctly (which they rarely do), someone with 2 front and 2 rear fog lights on at the wrong time, could have a £120 (or is it £240?) spot fine and 12 penalty points. 3 points and a C&U fine for EACH lamp.

Comment

same with "give way to vehicles ON the roundabout".. not vehicles 100yds from the roundabout doing 50mph...

i've pulled onto roundabouts in a truck and had people beeping at the back of the trailer... i usually stop and get the paper out and have a read, if they're gonna be impatient, i'll hold them up a little bit longer!...
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ooh... and the other one... indicating right, when they're going straight over!!... Ggggrrr!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

And people in vauxhall nova's pulling on to a roundabout and then jamming theire brakes on. This happened to me and I hit them at about 5mph. I totally destroyed the Nova and shortened it by about 2ft.
                    Damage to Surf, none not even a scratch, bullbar took full impact. I did have the Nova's rear screan on my bonnet though.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post

... i usually stop and get the paper out and have a read, if they're gonna be impatient, i'll hold them up a little bit longer!...
                      Hehehe!! I do that when towards the end of a narrow road, another car just entering about twenty yards from the other end, expects me to reverse about 1/4 mile so they can get passed.

I must learn sign language and lip reading so I know what they're on about as the go passed.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                        ooh... and the other one... indicating right, when they're going straight over!!... Ggggrrr!!
                        I actually do that due to the amount of people who think that no indication means you're taking the first exit, even when you're pointing towards the junction across.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Hehehe!! I do that when towards the end of a narrow road, another car just entering about twenty yards from the other end, expects me to reverse about 1/4 mile so they can get passed.

I must learn sign language and lip reading so I know what they're on about as the go passed.
                          Ooh a lot of them narrow roads down there isn't there Vince. Been on a few ilegal 12 cars in them vally's in my younger days.
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

People NOT indicating before they pull off a roundabout, thus leaving the poor suckers waiting to pull ON to the roundabout at that exit sitting there like numpties.

Selfish tw@ts cant be ar5ed to move their finger to the indicator stalk. There's a lot of selfish tw@ts on the road now. You seem to have noticed!
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              I actually do that due to the amount of people who think that no indication means you're taking the first exit, even when you're pointing towards the junction across.
                              It's a possible (minor fault) driving test fail that one, Christ knows why folk still do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X