• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift done , and thanks

big big massive thanks to paul1566 and onintheye
    between us we gone the 2" lift done on the surf this morning
    took about 4hours altogether ,

if anyone buys a lift kit of ebay from xpajun be warned, its a great kit except that 4 of the bolts are an inch and a half to short, we had to get some more longer ones

ill post pics soon of the lift
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Looking good Steve

Just needs some shiney bars up front now

Comment

Well lads we got it done and animal is pleased so well done to us.
        Oneintheeye top one handed ratcheting mate...... hope your shoulder heals soon.

Just to add we did not need rad drop brackets just took out the 2 bolts and bent the 2 hooked shape bits out the way, dropped the rad down and bolted it back through the holes left where the hooks went through.
        Also don't forget to undo the small P clip bracket holding the handbrake cable to the underside of the floor
        as this causes the cable to get pulled tight.

Oh and make sure the numpty that fitted your towbar has not bolted the blinkin thing to the rear
        bumper brackets cus all the jacking in the world won't lift it nearly enough......
        and check the numpty helping do your lift has spotted this........before he jacks it to the moon.

And bugger me its tight in the engine bay. Makes me think my 3ltr is missing a load of bits, can't get yer hands in anywhere.
        Last edited by Paul1566; 14 November 2009, 20:23.
        Remember arrows are silent.....................
        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Well done chaps. Sorry I couldn't make it but I have too much non-waterproof stuff in my workshop to leave the roof to its own devices.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

was'nt to bad a job to do, nice to meet you paul, just sorry i could'nt have been a bit more help we would have finished a bit earlier

animal with his arse hanging out as usual lol
            when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

well we have just been up some local lanes to test the new hight, and it was a bit , eeerrrrmmmm flooded

lets just say, the sign post is normally about 10metres from the edge of the water , and half way up the post is about level with the top of the truck normally when your in the water

Comment

Think even Bio's truck would have been a little out of it's depth there

Comment

this is what its normally like without any rain
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHo0EojTnB0

that is about 10 metres away from where the water started today

maybe if i had done a 22"lift today i might have stood a chance

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                    this is what its normally like without any rain
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHo0EojTnB0

maybe if i had done a 22"lift today i might have stood a chance
                    Ha ha ha it would have took a bit longer than a day.
                    Looks good though get a set of LC springs some bj spacers and a set of 33s and it will look the doggys.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X