• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap 3rd gen lift kit?

Stumbled across this
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...N%26start%3D36
    monstercreations.org.uk

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
    I got a set of the front spacers but made from alloy . Not fitted them as would prefer longer springs and strusts instead.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
      I got a set of the front spacers but made from alloy . Not fitted them as would prefer longer springs and strusts instead.
      where did you get them from?
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        where did you get them from?
        They came free with a set of rock sliders I bought off the 'parts for sale ' section on here . I think the guy had them specially made.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thats not for a 3rd gen.
          You want these; http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=537

2.5 inch lift front & back. I have them on my surf.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
            Thats not for a 3rd gen.
            You want these; http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=537

2.5 inch lift front & back. I have them on my surf.
            Hi Mate

I have been looking at doing a 2" sus and a 2" body lift for my 3rd Gen and I know nothing, but luckily Yoshie has stepped in to offer his help and advice. He siad if I get th ekits he will fit them, so I am doing my research.

Can I just ask...

1 I take it this is a suspension lift without replacing springs and shocks?
            2 Would you recommend replacing the springs and shocks while I am at it or not necessary?
            3 Where did you buy it and how much was it?
            4 Were any other mods necessary?
            5 Would you recommend it and what size tyres do your have/could you fit?

Thanks in advance
            Cheers

Fernie

Comment

You found it then?
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

You found it then?
                Lol. You stalking me?!

Ye ta, they look OK. What do you think? I may well replace the springs and shocks anyway if I did this? I guess I could go for standard ES3000 or 9000's?

BTW Just watched your Utube clip - your truck is mental!! Awesome!
                Last edited by Fernie; 18 November 2009, 01:42.
                Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by Fernie69 View Post
                  Lol. You stalking me?!

Ye ta, they look OK. What do you think? I may well replace the springs and shocks anyway if I did this? I guess I could go for standard ES3000 or 9000's?

BTW Just watched your Utube clip - your truck is mental!! Awesome!
                  I would always go for the 9000s they give a stiffer (better) ride in my oppinion.

There is some better you tube clips of my truck at wellingborough parade of power somewhere.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Hi Mate

I have been looking at doing a 2" sus and a 2" body lift for my 3rd Gen and I know nothing, but luckily Yoshie has stepped in to offer his help and advice. He siad if I get th ekits he will fit them, so I am doing my research.

Can I just ask...

1 I take it this is a suspension lift without replacing springs and shocks?
                    2 Would you recommend replacing the springs and shocks while I am at it or not necessary?
                    3 Where did you buy it and how much was it?
                    4 Were any other mods necessary?
                    5 Would you recommend it and what size tyres do your have/could you fit?

Thanks in advance
                    If you fit Barry's +2" suspension kit and also fit these spring spacers you wont need a body lift. You will need manual hubs thou or you will be changing cv boots every month.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      If you fit Barry's +2" suspension kit and also fit these spring spacers you wont need a body lift. You will need manual hubs thou or you will be changing cv boots every month.
                      Hi Mate

Do you reckon I would be best sticking to Barry's kit and body lift then overall? Don't want to complicate matters... s'pecially since you are kindly fitting them!!!
                      Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Hi Mate

Do you reckon I would be best sticking to Barry's kit and body lift then overall? Don't want to complicate matters... s'pecially since you are kindly fitting them!!!
                        Matters not a jot to me mate do it the way you want.
                        Suspension and spacers would be less work than suspension and body lift.

Pros and cons both ways up to you really. Ask the guys for opinion and try and make an informed choice. However, at the end of the day it's your truck.

You could also do all three and fit the 35s you first had an eye on. That would make on fecing big Surf.
                        Brian

Comment

So Fernie
                          Are you getting the Daystar kit?

If so how much is it? including the postage from the US?
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Matters not a jot to me mate do it the way you want.
                            Suspension and spacers would be less work than suspension and body lift.

Pros and cons both ways up to you really. Ask the guys for opinion and try and make an informed choice. However, at the end of the day it's your truck.

You could also do all three and fit the 35s you first had an eye on. That would make on fecing big Surf.
                            So, if we did the suspension and spacers we would get the same lift as the 2 +2 but without the need for the body lift? Mmmm - will ask around. I suppose one of the downsides would be the towball being higher for towing but I could always fit a drop plate.

I won't be putting the 35's on whatever I decide after what you have advised (and some others) especially as I will be towing. I am listening!!

Will be in touch...
                            Last edited by Fernie; 18 November 2009, 23:24.
                            Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                              So Fernie
                              Are you getting the Daystar kit?

If so how much is it? including the postage from the US?
                              Hi Mate

Not sure yet as you can probably tell from my last answer to Yoshie. Still trying to decide on the best set up. I was going to go with the 2" Roughtrax sus lift and 4Crawler 2" body lift and then I saw the Daystar kit and wondered about that instead of the Roughtrax kit, but looks like Yoshie considers the Daystar and Roughtrax will work OK together - or even all 3!

Would be great if I could get feedback from people who have done either, a combination or even all 3.

Haven't had a price yet...

Will keep the thread posted
                              Cheers

Fernie

Comment

Working...
                              X