Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T1z3R View Post
    sure mate.
    in general terms refurb means stock thats been sold to a supplier then maybe sold to a customer but returned for a number of reasons. usually this can be a change of heart or minor fault but its usually big customers like supermarkets etc that overbuy.

in our case when it comes to TomToms its stock thats end of line. TomTom rebox it and sell it as refurb. none of the refurb stock we buy from them has ever been sold before...just sat in the back of their warehouse gathering dust. they all come with full warranty for 12 months just like a new one does. if, heaven forbid, you should have a fault occur within thirty days we'll swap it out or offer a full refund. if a fault occurs after thirty days TomTom will collect it from you and repair or replace it.

hope that helps.
    Thanks a lot.
    Ive always thought of 'refurb' as being dodgy but obviously from what you're telling me thats rubbish.
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
      Take a look at this, Google Map Navigation. Looks like Garmin, tomtom etc are in big trouble.
      http://www.google.com/mobile/navigation/#p=default

The future of Sat Nav?
      Tom Tom maybe, Garmin unlikely.

Garmin's main market was always (and probably still is) professional / military. Believe me, they aren't going to start using google to track their assets in Afghanistan!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I must be really unusual, I use google maps, locate my destination on the map and drive straight there without looking at any map again, then again ten years as a despatch rider honed my skills. H

Comment

Working...
        X