Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question

I want to get a new exhaust fitted. Gonna go for 2.5" with a free flow silencer, but i have to get the silencer myself. Can anyone recommend a type or place to get one as i have had no luck finding one except boy racer one for micra's etc.
    Thanks
    Del
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Originally posted by Delboy
    I want to get a new exhaust fitted. Gonna go for 2.5" with a free flow silencer, but i have to get the silencer myself. Can anyone recommend a type or place to get one as i have had no luck finding one except boy racer one for micra's etc.
    Thanks
    Del

Give these guys a ring Del, they manufactured a full stainless system for my Musso a few years back and will fabricate for damn near any vehicle, any spec.
    Top Gear Burnley Lancashire. (+44)1282 414413.

Good luck

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Thought I saw some fat ones on Roughtrax.

John
      http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
        Give these guys a ring Del, they manufactured a full stainless system for my Musso a few years back and will fabricate for damn near any vehicle, any spec.
        Top Gear Burnley Lancashire. (+44)1282 414413.

Good luck

Fish
        Musso???... is that one of them ssangyong things??
        any good?.... be honest i always thought they were a bit doggy!... (not taking the pee or owt... just wondered what they're like?)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          Musso???... is that one of them ssangyong things??
          any good?.... be honest i always thought they were a bit doggy!... (not taking the pee or owt... just wondered what they're like?)
          In all honesty yes when I first bought it, it was a great motor, from new I had it three and a half years and did 118000 miles in it.
          Plus points are:-
          1, very big and the most car like handeling of any 4x4. (Sorry guys but it could seriously corner at speed with no wallowing)
          2, Very good mpg (easy on a run could return 34mpg).
          3, Very quiet and smooth engine (2.9L turbo intercooled merc 5 potter).
          4, The comfiest and most relaxed driving position in any vehicle I have ever owned bar none, (driven for twelve hours straight with one refueling stop and one loading up with goods at East Grinstead, and it was as easy as a twenty mile round trip to the supermarket).

Negative points:-
          1, Damn but it was expensive on service and parts were hell to find.
          2, Head blew at 98 thou and it was cheaper to source a compleat (with pump, injectors, turbo etc as that was all I could find) replacement engine than buy the gasket set, head and possible other repairs required. (1500 + VAT)
          3, Borg warner auto collapsing gearbox. Get anywhere near 100 thou and the gearbox starts to disintergrate, and that costs an arm and a leg.
          4. Found out later that the garage only ever used synth oil, and as the motor was designed to run on mineral oil, the oil seals broke down under the crank presure and it was always a problem with oil in the clutch housing.
          5, Exhaust split along the seam at 2 years old, (bearing in mind that high milage cars dont have exhausts rotting like low use motors), and the only exhaust available was having one frabricated out of stainless from the turbo to the back pipe. The dealers have never been able to get an exhaust from the manufacturer for the 2.9tdi. So what chance had anyone else!

Big question would be would I have another
          Yes, if all it would be is a low mileage BIG family vehicle.
          No, if it would be used for work, off roading or as a alternate for my surf.

Fish

Comment

and do excuse my post hijacking del!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
              and do excuse my post hijacking del!
              True, excuse our little off issue ramble. (& I forgot the obvious, you either love or hate the look of them)

Fish

Comment

Yeah! I got excited after seeing i had 6 replies only to see four of them are about a f*&$ing daewoo f*&%ing Moose!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Milners also do custom exhaust parts, alternatively you could try Pipecraft.

Pipecraft

Cheers

Comment

try these guys, I know they appear to be all garry stuff (boy racer slang) but they will fabricate anything

http://www.haywardandscott.co.uk

Neil

Comment

I was wondering about this myself. I need a new exhaust for my 3rd gen, center box and rear section. Toyota are charging mega buck for a new one. I can get pattern parts from milners and roughtrax, but I wonder is there anywhere in Ireland that will fab one up to your specifications, like powerflow used to do? Powerflow are gone from Mullingar, is there one anywhere else over here?

Comment

ive just had a custom one made by powerflow in stainless steel
                        ive got it coming out of each side with jap stlye slash cut abit boy racer style but hey.it makes the turbo whistle quite nicely. i got it done at rsr.tyres if that helps at bromley and best of all lifetime gaurntee
                        Attached Files
                        [I]THE CAR IN FRONT[/I] of me is being driven by a ####

Comment

Originally posted by 4 runner surfin
                          ive just had a custom one made by powerflow in stainless steel
                          ive got it coming out of each side with jap stlye slash cut abit boy racer style but hey.it makes the turbo whistle quite nicely. i got it done at rsr.tyres if that helps at bromley and best of all lifetime gaurntee
                          I hope you dont offroad that surf mate!!! The first big incline you try to go up is gonna flatten those tailpipes...

Comment

Derek and Ciaran, remember Backupbob Robbie from the Curragh,well he's just texted me back that his friend does them himself in stainless. Robbie went for commercial tax not so long ago and had to do a few mods to the rear compartment and he did it in stainless - different job OK but he reckons this fella is very good and does the job...
                            Last edited by JimL; 1 June 2004, 22:17.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                              Derek and Ciaran, remember Backupbob Robbie from the Curragh,well he's just texted me back that his friend does them himself in stainless. Robbie went for commercial tax not so long ago and had to do a few mods to the rear compartment and he did it in stainless - different job OK but he reckons this fella is very good and does the job...
                              Where is this guy at Jim? Any ideas on costs of a downpipe back system?
                              I'd like to go for 2.5" tubing with a universal center box and a 3" slash cut side exit exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                              X