No announcement yet.

Best de-icer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could try and find a 240V block heater (I had a look last year but only found 120V versions) Then just plug in 20 mins before you leave. Not exactly a de-icing solution but would clear the ice within minutes of starting.

I use the warm water method myself.

Rob.

Comment

http://www.wisebread.com/3-cheap-and...lus-bonus-tips

Comment

Best deicer

The best deicer is the wife !!!!:

Dom

Comment

I always used to have a piece of carpet cut to the same shape as the windscreen & just have the wipers set half way to hold it in place.

As for de-icer, i find that they are all pretty much the same so i just buy the cheapest from a car booty.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

buy a volvo v70 cross country.
            instant heat the second you turn the key. works off the air con.
            i love my mums volvo i's do's.
            either that or warm water.
            i wouldve thought a man of your inteligence wouldve figured this one out by now?
            are you ok? your not ill are you? is there need to call you an ambulance or a head doctor?

oh and we've not even had our first frost yet down south yet! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
              i wouldve thought a man of your inteligence wouldve figured this one out by now?
              are you ok? your not ill are you? is there need to call you an ambulance or a head doctor?

We have.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                We have.
                yeah but you south and left a bit though arent you

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post

I have a preferred method, but that's not related to the question. The question was what is the best de-icer on the market.

Buying a V70, like covering the screen, isn't an option either (even though I can get a very hefty discount and IFC to buy one).
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    I have a preferred method,
                    Tell us, I hate de-icing the screen. I wont tip water on it. I do use rain-X but it still gets iced up.
                    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      What, in your opinions, is the best de-icer on the market? Putting the car in a lock up or covering it aren't options.
                      whatever Asda sell cheap.... last year was carplan 2 for £2, actually I find the carplan stuff is pretty good, dont seem to use gallons on the screen
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Can I just point out that I don't chuck the tepid water straight onto the screen, I pour it onto the roof just above it.

The same principle as pouring boiling water into a glass with a metal spoon in it, the glass doesn't break. The spoon absorbs the heat and expands instead of the glass.

Comment

i cant believe this
                          a 26 post thread about which method to de-ice your windscreen

im off to bed, or at least another website ............
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                            i cant believe this

You must have been intrigued because you have read it all & commented.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                              i cant believe this

The OP's question was nothing to do with method. It was asking what the best de-icer on the market was.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

heated windscreen!!

if you want de-icer, don't go for the aerosol ones, they're half empty!... go for the trigger spray ones, they last much longer.
                                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X