Best de-icer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best de-icer?

What, in your opinions, is the best de-icer on the market? Putting the car in a lock up or covering it aren't options.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

A jug of tepid water always works for me, just make the wipers are switched on as soon as possible after chucking the water on the screen.

Fit silicone wiper blades so they don't stick to the glass to.

Comment

a regular application of rainex helps stop ice bonding so well to the glass - making it very easy to clear formed ice. - also improves vision when driving in rain.
      TBH the best car accessory/product I've ever bought
      Also agree with above - jug full of warm water and wipers.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

I'm not being led into the hot/warm/cold water debate!

Hadn't thought about Rain-Ex, or fancy wiper blades. Was thinking more of the best skooshy can solution.

Comment

Rain ex is very good. the sprays are all pretty much the same in my experience.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            I'm not being led into the hot/warm/cold water debate!

Hadn't thought about Rain-Ex, or fancy wiper blades. Was thinking more of the best skooshy can solution.
            What debate?
            Just do as I say and you won't waste any money.

p.s. You do have hot running water in Scotland, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              What debate?

p.s. You do have hot running water in Scotland, right?
              Of course, as soon as someone gets out of bed and lights the fire.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Of course, as soon as someone gets out of bed and lights the fire.
                you have a fire! posh git.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I use whatever I've nicked off "er indoors" or a credit card as a scraper if she's run out
                  I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

The best de-icer is Summer. Roll on Summer......
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      What debate?
                      The temperature difference between 'lukewarm' water and windscreen is much greater up here compared to down your way. A windscreen is more expensive than a tin of de-icer.

Comment

Are we talking about first thing in the morning de-icing, or returning to the vehical after a few hours shopping de-icing?

First thing, I put the kettle on, start the car, then leave it running while I have a cuppa/shave etc; safe as long as no one steals the car oO

Short term frost, I find chemical de-icers work best, but tend to smear

And yes it 100% is much colder north of the border, curvature of the earth prevailing winds etc etc.

peace
                        cal
                        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          What, in your opinions, is the best de-icer on the market? Putting the car in a lock up or covering it aren't options.
                          getting up a few mins early letting the car warm up,never really got on with de icer,don't see the point,u clear the windows,then u still have condensation inside anyways,and i hate dirty glass,ie wiping inside of windows,spend a fiver on a spare key,start,lock,go have a cuppa,and no i dont care it's not strictly legal before everyone starts being pedantic

Comment

I won't run the car on the road to thaw it out, it's illegal.

Comment

probably the top end of anybodys de-icing budget - but how about a kenlowe heater or a cabin heater by webasto or eberspacher?
                              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
                              X