@gwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @gwa

mate as you may know i have your old bumper on my truck. Question!! can you remember if the winch fitted with plenty of space between the back of the winch and the cross bar of the truck or was it a tight fit? the reason i ask is i cut an inch off the front of the bracket when fitting it to mine to get the bumper to fit as i have a 3" body lift.

Opps I dont know who GWA is it was for GWH!!

Comment

Hi Ross. The brackets on it were fabricated by surfenstein and fir a 2" inch body lift. It should just bolt straight on to the chassis members.... You do have the big thick steel mounts on it don't you?
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

oooooooooerrrrrrrr steel mounts
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          oooooooooerrrrrrrr steel mounts

David Steel?

Comment

Your not helping.

It's danielle Steele.
            It should gave just bolted straight on to the chassis legs Ross. And there is a massive amount if room for a winch... But only up to 9500 pound low mount winch...any other winch won't fit. It also needs a detachable solenoid pack. I used a champion 9500 low mount winch and relocated the solenoid into the engine bay.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

yeah i have the mounts with it and the bumper is all on ok however the mounts left the bumper sticking out and down 1" on mine so i cut away a bit and re fitted it now im thinking the winch might not fit if it was a tight fit on yours...

Comment

The brackets were done for a 2 inch body lift not a 3 . Would it not be possible to just drill some holes 1 inch lower than the existing ones....and it does poke out a long way as well
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                  yeah i have the mounts with it and the bumper is all on ok however the mounts left the bumper sticking out and down 1" on mine so i cut away a bit and re fitted it now im thinking the winch might not fit if it was a tight fit on yours...
                  I'll make it fit!

Comment

I did drill more holes higher and in a bit and the bumper fits fine, but was just thinking it might be tight now fitting a winch!

Comment

I reckon as long as you still have the confines of that steel insert free you will get a winch in Ross. But make sure its as I have written above. Any bigger and it won't fit.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        I reckon as long as you still have the confines of that steel insert free you will get a winch in Ross. But make sure its as I have written above. Any bigger and it won't fit.
                        It's going to be the same one Gra

Comment

I have a steel tjm on the new one andy...and I can get a 12000ib er in there. But I'm probably going to put that on the dedicated offroader.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Winch fits OK, just two holes to drill in the mounting plate so that the bumper brackets can be fully bolted on.

Comment

thanks vince apreciate it. Looks like there is plenty of space after all!!

Comment

Working...
                              X