Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
    no...
    it just lifts the body off the chassis... gives clearance front and back for your approach and departure angles (bit debatable as the chassis rails still stick out), at the sides so the sills are a bit higher, but no breakover angle as the chassis is still the same...

main reason people do it is just to get a few more inces for bigger tyres under the arches... (the tyres will give a bit extra ground clearance too)

but a big body lift like that is just for show, it's probably gonna lose you more than you'll gain.
    So technically the chassis stays at the same level, its the tyres that give the extra clearance. Understood
    Then really an actual suspension lift is a better solution. For a long time i sort of thought a bodylift & suspension lift got the same result.

Comment

This is more like it....ha ha

and this

There's some awfull lifts on this site

http://128.83.80.193/scarysteering/index.html
      Last edited by Paul1566; 3 November 2009, 18:12.
      Remember arrows are silent.....................
      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
        So technically the chassis stays at the same level, its the tyres that give the extra clearance. Understood
        Then really an actual suspension lift is a better solution. For a long time i sort of thought a bodylift & suspension lift got the same result.
        Depends, the only way to get the diff higher off the floor is to fit bigger tyres.
        Both a body lift and or a suspension lift allow you to do this.
        Only a suspension lift however, will give you increased suspension travel i.e longer shocks and springs.
        Personally I would use a body lift as a last resort on a truck I was building for off road use. However, sometimes you have no choice as with suspension lifts over certain heights, truck dependant, you can also get issues that make the last inch or so of lift better to be done with body lift. In the UK, grip and grunt to weight ratio is far more important than lift and flex. After all we spend most days in muddy ruts and running up and down steep hills. Not a great deal of dry rock crawling available over here In short super flexy monster height is not always best. Lift as little as you need for tyre choice keeping COG low and spend all your money on Lockers
        Last edited by yoshie; 3 November 2009, 18:49.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
          i think it's all down to cost really... over a few inches of suspension lift, you're gonna get into issues of modifying a lot more than just the springs and shocks... so a few inches of body lift and a few of suspension lift are probably the cheaper option.

if you want a cheap option for fitting 44" tyres, whack in some 10" lift blocks and save the rest of your cash for 10 shocks!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X