No announcement yet.

rad cap rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd generation caps are not the same according to the EPC. I do not have one to compare, so can only go on the info available.

Perhaps it's time to go genuine if aftermarket suppliers can't get it right. I will try to find an aftermarket number that is known over there.

Nev

Comment

One thing I might mention when looking for a cap is first check that the radiator is original. If it has been replaced at sometime then it's possible that a cap specified for that model will not fit because the radiator filler neck may be different. Still looking for an aftermarket part number for the KZN185.

Nev

Comment

well u got me worried now,just fitted a 1.1 to my kzn130 along with head and rad

Comment

2nd generation should be 0.9. Pressure difference is only 3PSI and should not make any difference to engine temperature as far as I know. It just vents at a higher pressure but unless you have a specific reason to use a cap with a higher pressure then I'd say it's better to stay with factory specs. Why put extra pressure into the cooling system.

Nev

Comment

true,off to toyota me thinks,be on safe side after spending 1200 last week on it

Comment

I've got one fitted which I bought from Roughtrax I will check the pressure rating. The question is, if it is wrong and could cause any damage to the engine components should Roughtrax be replacing all the 1.1 bar ones with the correct ones they are getting in ? We all spend a lot of money with Rougtrax, I myself am one of the first to recommend them for parts.

Comment

Found some poor pics of both caps. Hard to tell but the 16401-72090 may be what is called the Extra Small Japanese Cap. Look at the size of bottom seal compared to the 16401-63010. Looks smaller to me. What do you think?

Nev
                Attached Files

Comment

i will try and post some pics, the one milners has supplied is very different from the one that came off and the one that roughtrax have supplied.
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

At 0.9 bara the boiling point of water is 96.6 degrees Celsius at 1.1 bara, the boiling point is 102 degrees Celsius.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The box with the fingerprint is Blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        At 0.9 bara the boiling point of water is 96.6 degrees Celsius at 1.1 bara, the boiling point is 102 degrees Celsius.
                        could having the wrong cap on cause damage to the engine?
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                          Depends on what you mean by wrong cap. Wrong pressure rating or wrong size/shape? A wrong fitting cap can, as it may not seal properly or return coolant to the engine when it's supposed to.

As far as I know if the engine is operating normally the the difference between a 0.9 and a 1.1 will have little effect other that to open a little later as long as the cap is the correct style.

If you guys have a cap that's not fitting correctly rather than just the wrong pressure rating then you will have problems.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                            As Nev said, so long as everything else is OK, there shouldn't be a problem. But I personally wouldn't put, or keep, a 1.1 bar cap on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              But I personally wouldn't put, or keep, a 1.1 bar cap on mine.
                              Me either. Stick to what it had originally.

Nev

Comment

thanks guys
                                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X