@ Biosurf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Biosurf

Paul, this is a bit of a bargain if you fancy something a little more 'serious'

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRE-PSR-282-PO...item3a5413dc7e

Does VHF low (emergency services etc), Commercial air, VHF high (commercial comms) and UHF (PMR, commercial comms etc)

Plenty to play with!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Imayhaveaccidentallypressedbuy itnow.

Damn you Andy and your wiley bank balance reducing ways! Does this mean I too can sit outside my nearest chinese and listen to the orders being relayed to the kitchen?

Thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by biosurf; 28 October 2009, 12:25.

Comment

No, you need HF for that. You'll possibly be able to do it with your other radio though if you can get around 40MHz

If you've bought it, let me know your nearest towns etc and I'll sort you out some likely interesting frequencies from my 'big book of geeky frequencies'

Comment

Thats great thanks, I'll drop you a PM.

Christ I've just realised... I have a scanner (well, will do next year the way Royal Mail are currently operating) THIS DOESNT MEAN I'M IN THE GEEK CLUB!!!!

Not yet anyway...

Theres no dodgy initiation ceremony or anything is there? I'll tell you now I'm not wearing a ginger wig!

Comment

or merkin.

Comment

Matt handles initiations, my stomach isn't strong enough for the cleaning up afterwards...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                No, you need HF for that. You'll possibly be able to do it with your other radio though if you can get around 40MHz

If you've bought it, let me know your nearest towns etc and I'll sort you out some likely interesting frequencies from my 'big book of geeky frequencies'
                Would it be possible to get some geeky freq for Belfast from your big book.... look what you've started

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Not sure it covers Ireland other than air and Garda (are they still analogue or have they gone tetra too?). I'll have a look later

Comment

Working...
                  X