deposits and the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deposits and the law

hi, i recieved £200 deposit on a bike i am selling for £1200 so as arranged i put 12 months mot on and clean her up ready to pick up, only to get call from buyer saying his wife has been made redundant so has to pull out, where do i stand.

Originally posted by robbie View Post
    hi, i recieved £200 deposit on a bike i am selling for £1200 so as arranged i put 12 months mot on and clean her up ready to pick up, only to get call from buyer saying his wife has been made redundant so has to pull out, where do i stand.
    i dont know legally, but isnt that the point of a safety deposit?

Comment

You stand where you want to, and maybe put yourself in his shoes while you mull it over. Personally I would give him his deposit back, and try to sell the bike again. Maybe , just maybe, Id deduct something for readvertising, but no more than £50. Thats just me, Mr nice guy.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

I would take your costs out of it and relist the item!

Comment

thanks guys, he has offered to pay for mot and expenses so i will take that ,bit of hassle but i thought you lost the deposit once you back out, i dont know the law i supose its down to goodwill, so i will take out £50 and relist, and everyone thinks us cornish are tight.

Comment

I put £250 deposit on a Jag once. I pulled out and lost my money. Thats how it works I thought. You done well though.
            I told the butcher I'd give him £25 if he got the meat down off the top shelf. He said he couldn't. The steaks were too high.

Comment

Working...
            X