New rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rad

Got my new rad andhoses from roughtrax today, going to fit them tomorrow. One question, the new rad coms with complete new plastic section to bolt on to the body of the truck, the one that is on the truck is metal. The bolts that hold it on look like a PITA to ge to, can i just undo the four bolts on the top ad bottom of the rad an slide it in to the old bit that is on the truck (not sure if thi makes sense)

the new rad looks good quality
    SWIFT AND BOLD

I think I knnw what you mean sir.. But I think you may have to remove (I'm guessing your refering to) the radiator shroud. It is a pita but can be done. Good luck
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

new rad is in and fitted a treat, all new pipes and new hose clamps from toyota, just waiting for a new rad cap from roughtrax (they forgot to pack it).

The truck does not seem to use the overflow tank as much it has only risen a very small amount.

Could be the new hoses able to flex abit more with the presure. I will do a write up if any is interested?
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        new rad is in and fitted a treat, all new pipes and new hose clamps from toyota, just waiting for a new rad cap from roughtrax (they forgot to pack it).

The truck does not seem to use the overflow tank as much it has only risen a very small amount.

Could be the new hoses able to flex abit more with the presure. I will do a write up if any is interested?
        Am always interested in write up's.
        Neal

Comment

Working...
        X