No announcement yet.

what is YOUR hilux's 0-60mph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pointless thread..... Just like the old days brian!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

this forum moves pretty quick when it wants to!

so the general consensus is a 3.0 should do it in about 10 seconds, and the 2.4 isnt worth even timing.

yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by zerohero View Post
        this forum moves pretty quick when it wants to!

so the general consensus is a 3.0 should do it in about 10 seconds, and the 2.4 isnt worth even timing.

yeah?
        well i tried it this morning on my way to glasgow and it ttok over 11 seconds.....but it was very wet on the roads, and i kept spinning out.

will try again when its dry, with a video and a timer
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          A pointless thread..... Just like the old days brian!
          Very true, maybe we are getting somewhere with the general section now.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Very true, maybe we are getting somewhere with the general section now.
            I reckon that's the point....there doesn't have to be one !
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

hmm, just seen this thread, g'day mate, you a rugby man zerohour?

as for 0-60 times for the 2.4 diesel heres my input from the couple i have driven........................ ...remove the speedo and fit a calender

mick.

Comment

Originally posted by zerohero View Post

yeah?
                Nope. It's a simple case of only the 3.0L chaps ever try to prove theirs is better. The 2.4L bunch can't be arsed. It gets there when it gets there.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Nope. It's a simple case of only the 3.0L chaps ever try to prove theirs is better. The 2.4L bunch can't be arsed. It gets there when it gets there.
                  Not for me, never tried to time my truck's 0-60. When i bought it i didnt give a toss about its traffic light dash abilities.
                  I will say this, ive experienced the horror of overtaking in a 2.4 surf pickup & it makes me very appreciative of my 3.0Ltr surf's extra power.

Comment

Just checked mine it was about 4.7 second and that is on a 3rd Gen.
                    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

kmh?

Who cares? I'm scared to boot it. The fuel gauge moves faster than the speedy!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                        Just checked mine it was about 4.7 second and that is on a 3rd Gen.
                        Horizontally or vertically?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          kmh?

I'm not bothered what the 0-60 time is on the surf, i don't use it for speed, that's what the bike is for . I had a celica before the surf so you can imagine the difference in performance, I decided when I was looking for a surf not to even look at the specs for that sort of thing, I still don't know what the official times are now.
                          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            kmh?

That's only because you ain't fixed it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                              Horizontally or vertically?
                              mathematically speaking it should do 0-60 vertically (down) in less then 3 seconds....

Comment

Uphill About a week, Downhill 1 in 4 grad. 4secs in neutral.
                                level ground? depends on wind speed and direction anything from
                                9 secs to 40 minutes. But we love them all to bits don't we
                                Come Hell or High Water the Surf will get through

Comment

Working...
                                X