to axel kits. pretty damn cool i think.
    Anyway cheers for now.

Ps cylinder heads was £460
    new, is that good?
    jerry

Originally posted by jeremyprice
    Ps cylinder heads was £460
    new, is that good?
    Depends, is that complete or a bare head + VAT inc VAT, if a bare head how much were the valves, cams etc etc. Bolts, gaskets????
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Word of warning- they were selling poor quality gaskets for a while, they do offer genuine ones but I asked for genuine and was sent a shonky bit of guff. Buy your gaskets at toyota locally for piece of mind. They may of sorted this out, hopefully.

Comment

head cost

In the end i got a complete head for about £560, which is just a bolt on job, but it did not inc VAT but it included carrage. the other one for £460 was just a bog standed head with out the bits, so in the end you save money, because you can just bolt it straight on with out messing around getting the right bits for it. cheers!
        jerry

Comment

new head...

Just joined the rather dubious club of surf owners with busted cylinder heads....

Rad went two months ago, so it was only a matter of time...

Was the complete head from rough trax as well?
          I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Yeah Big jonah, welcome to the club! but mine is fixed now! the complete head was from ROUGHTRAX 4x4, the company sent the head to the garage, which was then bolted straight on. The bonus thing is that my surf runs like new now. the web site is www.toyotahilux.com and if you put in LN130 you will bring up everything you will need for that surf from doors to mud flaps. hope that helps and let us know how it went, cheers.
            jerry

Comment

Working...
            X