Newbie looking to by a surf soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie looking to by a surf soon!

Hi all, I'm new here! I'm looking to buy a Surf in the next few months as I've wanted one for ages (about 5 years!!!) and have finally decided to do something about it. I'm 27, currently live in Stevenage, Herts and drive a Focus that is way too small.

Hopefully you will be able to give me some tips on what I should look for and how much I should be paying.

Well, thats me...

welcome, quite local then, need any help viewing just shout
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

What you should pay depends on what you want... There's a good checklist at http://monthofsaturdays.net/surf/ind...sked_Questions (and other places!) for what to look out for when you got to see one.
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Welcome.

The site is coming along nicely Andy. Is there an index page which lists all of the articles, save having to click the random page or check the changelog? Can't seem to find one for the life of me, (though I could never figure out MediaWiki for the life of me at the best of times ).

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
          Welcome.

The site is coming along nicely Andy. Is there an index page which lists all of the articles, save having to click the random page or check the changelog? Can't seem to find one for the life of me, (though I could never figure out MediaWiki for the life of me at the best of times ).
          Aye, getting there thanks. Got most of Codlord's more general articles and quite a few of yours copied now as a base to play with. Needs a bit more organising yet though.

There's a link on the front page to list all articles, or you can click "special pages" on the left and find a link there. But if I want to get a link like that in the left permanently.
          Andy
          http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Ah, so that's what the special pages link is for. I'd not tried that one due to the naming of it. There is a template editor plugin available for MediaWiki, I believe, which makes altering things like the index links a bit easier.
            Last edited by MattF; 18 October 2009, 11:59.

Comment

Thats an excellent site, think thats going to come in really handy as I know diddly squat about 4x4's in general!

Comment

Welcome Skila,
                And please don't be put off this site by some of the rants that are becoming more and more frequent. This site is full of VERY useful information and some VERY helpful people.

Enjoy your Surf when you get it........I do!!!
                Mark

If it ain't sunk.....it ain't junk.

Comment

Originally posted by blue surfer View Post
                  Welcome Skila,
                  And please don't be put off this site by some of the rants that are becoming more and more frequent. This site is full of VERY useful information and some VERY helpful people.

Enjoy your Surf when you get it........I do!!!
                  Yes welcome To the nut house. The above is the best bit of advice I have read all week.

The inmates will start to calm down soon
                  I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
                  X