drain plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain plugs

has anyone tried one of these drainplugs from difflock.com? (http://www.difflock.com/drainplug/index.shtml).... the idea certainly seems a good one but the price...? plus you need a hose etc thats adds to it.

interested to hear any comments

Cheers

Originally posted by Stephen Parkinson
    has anyone tried one of these drainplugs from difflock.com? (http://www.difflock.com/drainplug/index.shtml).... the idea certainly seems a good one but the price...? plus you need a hose etc thats adds to it.

interested to hear any comments

Cheers
    with the drain plug on the bottom of the sump and that protruding out, i can't see it lasting long off road. but other than that sounds OK. But i don't think you can beat getting your hands dirty, undoing it very carefully then dropping it in the container the dirty oils pouring in to then feeling around for it, it has to be done
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      with the drain plug on the bottom of the sump and that protruding out, i can't see it lasting long off road. but other than that sounds OK. But i don't think you can beat getting your hands dirty, undoing it very carefully then dropping it in the container the dirty oils pouring in to then feeling around for it, it has to be done
      I fitted one last service, only a few weeks ago so haven't actually used it yet for draining the oil. It does protrude a little but on mine it does not extend below the sump guard (original flimsy Toyota one) so should be ok for all but heavy offroading.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I just recieved one in the post, but its only M12x1.25. That cant be right, can it. Surely the plug is bigger than that! Anyone?
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          I just recieved one in the post, but its only M12x1.25. That cant be right, can it. Surely the plug is bigger than that! Anyone?
          Can't be positive, but 12mm sounds about right.
          Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
            Can't be positive, but 12mm sounds about right.
            Yep, just rang Sam at home and she confirms the container says M12 x 1.25 (Keeping the original bung in it for safekeeping, just in case )
            Maurice

Comment

Cheers Maur. Put my min at ease. I ordered some of that clear sticky film for my gauges also. Cost about £6 incl postage. Not bad.
              Thanks again
              Del
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
              [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

....I ordered some of that clear sticky film for my gauges also....
                The stuff I used wasn't sticky, it was backlight film. The only stickiness involved was laminating the backlight film with several layers of clear contact to give it sufficient rigidity for use as the dial face.

Maurice

Comment

Ah well. Mine is sticky which is fine for me as i'll be scratching the figures off my existing ones and sticking the new ones on. The web site came in handy anyway.
                  Derek :
                  1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Well, went to change my oil at the weekend and guess what! Go-on! Surprise, surprise, the drain plug is the wrong size. Mine is actually m18 X 1.5. Have sent 2 emails to difflock.com but have had no reply. I am really pi&&ed off. These b's will take you're money fro you quickly enough, but when it comes to after sales, they suck. I propose a boycott of Difflock.com. I know its only a drainplug but its happened before with other companies and i'm annoyed now!
                    Derek :
                    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Well, went to change my oil at the weekend and guess what! Go-on! Surprise, surprise, the drain plug is the wrong size. Mine is actually m18 X 1.5. Have sent 2 emails to difflock.com but have had no reply. I am really pi&&ed off. These b's will take you're money fro you quickly enough, but when it comes to after sales, they suck. I propose a boycott of Difflock.com. I know its only a drainplug but its happened before with other companies and i'm annoyed now!
                      Jeez Del that sucks, I never measured mine, so can't confirm that the container mine came in actually contained a 12mm plug, altough that's what it says, and from memory it certainly looked closer to 12 than 18mm. Toyota must have changed sump bung sizes over the years.
                      Keep hammering at difflock.
                      Maurice

Comment

Difflock are OK!

Just got a call from Difflock. They said they didnt recieve my first 2 emails to their admin addy, but got my last one and they have an m18 plug which they are going to post to me along with a stamped addressed envelope to send the other one back. How cool is that. Most companies would let you pay the return cost. I am now a happy bunny!
                        Derek :
                        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Just got a call from Difflock. They said they didnt recieve my first 2 emails to their admin addy, but got my last one and they have an m18 plug which they are going to post to me along with a stamped addressed envelope to send the other one back. How cool is that. Most companies would let you pay the return cost. I am now a happy bunny!
                          Excellent stuff. I wonder will they update their records to show the correct fitment, or at least reccomend Surf customers check their fitment before ordering?

Great to hear Difflock are offering a decent service, I was quite happy with them previously, clearly cause mine fitted ok, but also cause it arrived swiftly and even included a free air freshner!!
                          Maurice

Comment

Free air freshner, eh! Mofo's never sent me anything free. I think we should boycott them until they send me one!
                            Derek :
                            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Woohoo 400!
                              Derek :
                              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X