P*ssed the MOT No Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P*ssed the MOT No Problem

Took the truck to the MOT garage this morning. I had overslept and didn't even warm it up properly. They let it sit on their forecourt for over an hour before commencing with the test. The garage owner commented about the good condition of the truck for its age. He said, "I see yoou off road it too."
    Anyway he said that the emission test was staggering. 5% first boot. 4% second boot and 2% on the third. And I am due a service and havent used injector cleaner since five tanks ago.
    I wonder if vegoil produces a different emission to the one the machine is looking for?
    It's only a hobby!

Whats this injector cleaner stuff then,do all surfs need it then

Comment

Hi bud

do a search on here for redex it will give you lots of info
      happy surfing!
      ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Took the truck to the MOT garage this morning. I had overslept and didn't even warm it up properly. They let it sit on their forecourt for over an hour before commencing with the test. The garage owner commented about the good condition of the truck for its age. He said, "I see yoou off road it too."
        Anyway he said that the emission test was staggering. 5% first boot. 4% second boot and 2% on the third. And I am due a service and havent used injector cleaner since five tanks ago.
        I wonder if vegoil produces a different emission to the one the machine is looking for?
        Vegoil reduces all emissions with the exception of Nox dramatically.
        Nox may increase or decrease by up to 10% depending on the characteristics of the engine, ie an engine properly desigined or converted for use with veggie could expect around 10% reduction, all others? Pot luck really.
        I believe that UK MOT does not check for Nox levels, so with all other levels being greatly reduced, veggie's good not only for the MOT, but of course also for the environment.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
        X