X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get the air bags sorted?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Just goona hit a big tree and let em go off in our faces!

Always fancied trying that...

Jimny is looking great bro, cant wait to give it some abuse tomorrow.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Had it's first run out yesterday and it was fantastic.
        I have had a number of off road toys, yotas, v8 bobtail, buggy, SJs but this wee thing is without doubt the most capable I have ever owned or driven.
        Massive grin factor. Will update when winch, cage and locker are being fitted.

Double rear wheel wave, was steeper than I thought

Last edited by yoshie; 8 November 2009, 23:04.
        Brian

Comment

Brilliant thread brian...awesome machine..can't wait till it tows me out of somewhere
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Agreed. That is one sweet little beastie! Must admit I've been looking at Jimnys in a new light these days. I like that 'back to basics' approach.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well pleasant surprise this weekend, Albannach and gwh200 dropped in for a visit. Looks we will have Graham full time soon and maybe with a much smaller truck hidden in the garage for Sundays

As I am an amature at auto electrics, Andy wouldn't let me extend the control wires {of course}. So Graham and I had to stand and watch {perfect}

Wander lead plug moved from the winch to under the steering wheel and all the soleinod bridges sealed up.

Winch sits well inside the bumper with the bridge laid back towards the Rad, nice low profile.
              Apache thanks for the number plate sticker mate.

So rear bumper next, this will be a home made affair and will be made in stages. Need to get enough of it on to mount indicators for our Day at Glentarkie on the 12th.
              Last edited by yoshie; 29 November 2009, 17:10.
              Brian

Comment

that looks the dog goolys dude nice work lads
                i would like to see it off roading it must be very nimble
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

###### 5 hours in the freezing cold........not even a mention.

(goes in huff.....)
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    ###### 5 hours in the freezing cold........not even a mention.

(goes in huff.....)

I hate getting cold unless you are there to enjoy it with me.

ps you get a mention in every other fecing post.
                    But I supose you did make a nice job of mounting the wander plug in the cab thx
                    Brian

Comment

apology accepted.
                      Alan

Comment

Sorry could only stay a little while chaps. Great to see you all and project jimmy...awesome machine brian. Thanks for the coffee and bacon much appreciated.

And George.. Sell a kidney or something, and get he cash together to visit. You would be extended a very warm( well freezing today) welcome.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          Sorry could only stay a little while chaps. Great to see you all and project jimmy...awesome machine brian. Thanks for the coffee and bacon much appreciated.

And George.. Sell a kidney or something, and get he cash together to visit. You would be extended a very warm( well freezing today) welcome.
                          i intend to visit ya drumglog one day
                          would be nice to meet ya all for once
                          people are different in real life ya know
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I'll vouch for how good it is up there, and was only there for 1/2 hour or so, and then it was ####ing down

My 4Runner needs to go there one day.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              I'll vouch for how good it is up there, and was only there for 1/2 hour or so, and then it was ####ing down

My 4Runner needs to go there one day.

It is a trek from the south .... But hell, it's the best site I've ever been on. Yoshies jimmy us my next ride around it.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                                It is a trek from the south .... But hell, it's the best site I've ever been on. Yoshies jimmy us my next ride around it.
                                Yeah, and i don't fancy some of the long hills on the motorway, with 2.0 petrol motor and 33x14.5" Pit Bull's i'll probably need low range. Its a chore to just get to the Plains!!

I might have to wait till its got a bigger motor.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X