It begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It begins

I ordered a 3" suspension lift kit springs and shocks last night.

for my Jimny
    Last edited by yoshie; 15 October 2009, 12:43.
    Brian

Stop playing with your Jimny in public......
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Before and after pics when you fit them.

Comment

Looking forward to this mate! Your last project was brilliant!!

An it's been faaar too long since we had a build thread on here!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          Looking forward to this mate! Your last project was brilliant!!

An it's been faaar too long since we had a build thread on here!
          You've been in Jag-land too long Woderwick - there was a chap on here, last couple of weeks, hacked the back off his Surf and stuck a tea tray on it....Reece's Pieces....

But I am looking forward to Project Zook 'em up....
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

So here she is. Almost a shame to off road it. { almost }
            2000 on a W plate good history 58k mile.

Some good bling removed and sold on eblag, can you belive the chrome grille set went for near £50 All told I have got £250 from parts I wont use so far. { anyone need a rear bumper?? }

This is the kit going on the jimny. +3" springs with es1000s to match. Went for the oil filled due to the finish weight of the toy truck.

Also picked these up and have made a start on doing them in matt black.
            Bronco Dimond Backs.

Quick introduction to the wire brush, and mash hammer to reshape the rims

Starting to get some clearance now. New longer braided brake lines on order.

Anyway hope to take delivery of winch bumper this week and make a start on fabing a rear bumper. Will update as I go.

Rod for you mate, clearly a man with taste. {some of the last build in this thread} http://www.scottishmudclub.com/2009/.../#post15571081
            Last edited by yoshie; 2 November 2009, 01:46.
            Brian

Comment

i can see this becoming a little devil after the adjustments are done
              Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                You've been in Jag-land too long Woderwick - there was a chap on here, last couple of weeks, hacked the back off his Surf and stuck a tea tray on it....Reece's Pieces...
                But he didn't finish it and it's now broken.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

{not sure how many surfers will end up with a jminy, but just incase}
                  Stripped and waiting for winch bumper to arrive.
                  Loads of space on these to fit a winch if you fancied just cutting the plastic original.
                  The space on top of those chassis legs will take even the biggest of winch.

You can see the depth of the gap back to the Rad better in this one.

Last edited by yoshie; 5 November 2009, 18:58.
                  Brian

Comment

but ive already had a jimny got it dec 98,my first and last new car

Comment

Yoshie, do you get any of your parts from the "offroad Armoury"

Alan
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                        Yoshie, do you get any of your parts from the "offroad Armoury"

Alan
                        Waiting on a winch bumper arriving from them, hopefully be here tomorrow.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          Waiting on a winch bumper arriving from them, hopefully be here tomorrow.
                          Rob is a really nice fella.
                          They have some graet little projects on the go, they're about 2 minutes drive from me.

Comment

Well as promised Rob from off road armoury got the bumper to me today.
                            I am delighted with it, excellent build quality and built in winch mounting plate.

Fitting however is not a 5min job.
                            You will need two people {b loody heavy bumper}, One mig welder, A grinder and cutting wheels.
                            The front factory outriggers have to be cut off all the way back to the main crossmember.

Alan giving it the message {he loves that grinder}

Drivers side mounting plate needs trimmed like this

Because in standard trim it fouls the steering and won't slide far enough back

Now you have to put shims in the chassis legs to move the mounts supplied into the centre a little. This will save you the 30min we spent trial fitting again and again.
                            This pic shows the shim and mount about to be tacked in place by my skillful hand

Mounts in correct place and ready to be welded, note the shim on the outside of the mount in the chassis leg this is needed on both mounts.

Welded and painted this is how close the mount should be to the lights. If it's not then the chassis outrigger is not trimed enough.

On and looking as I wanted.

All that is need to finish this off is an Apache sticker or two.

Thanks to my brother Alan for his help today quality as always mate
                            A bit dark when I finished sorry, it's going for it's first outting tomorrow so maybe better pics then.

Next step is fitting the winch it's on order so will probably be next sundays project.
                            Last edited by yoshie; 6 November 2009, 18:46.
                            Brian

Comment

Nice work Yoshie(and Alan) looking real good.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X