it runs,but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it runs,but...

rad started poxy leaking,just ordered one from rough trax oh well,can't be helped,on the plus side,it now runs sweet as a nut

Nice one andy.... One down, one to go
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      Nice one andy.... One down, one to go
      does sound really,nice,no rattles,old cam had a little play,but i could have cried when i saw the water dripping off rad

Comment

Where did you get all the bits from and what was the total parts bill?
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          Where did you get all the bits from and what was the total parts bill?
          roughtrax and scary,ive bought every bit oem roughly 1200 with new amc fully built up head,gen toy head gasket kit,cam belt,tensioner,pulley,waterpum p,stat,cap,head bolts and now rad

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            roughtrax and scary,ive bought every bit oem roughly 1200 with new amc fully built up head,gen toy head gasket kit,cam belt,tensioner,pulley,waterpum p,stat,cap,head bolts and now rad
            Could you pm me with info on the head please Andy - I've cooked my Surf this weekend, and the engine has been loud and losing oil for months now, so I'd like to look at options as it needs attention...

Comment

Could you pm me with info on the head please Andy - I've cooked my Surf this weekend, and the engine has been loud and losing oil for months now, so I'd like to look at options as it needs attention...
              what info u need mate?
              here is the head
              http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=614&vid=1368
              fyi the gaskets in that kit are now all oem ones,one thing really to only watch is it doesnt come with the half moon blank plate and back of head,i realised once id packed the head up

Comment

as for opitions as i just looked into all of them
                my route diy,all toyota bits,1200
                stevo,gen head and belt,but none of the other stuff on my list,1050
                stormy,second hand head,tested,300 i think he said,then plus gaskets etc

Comment

Sorry to hear that andy... Bdt did his himself.
                  I'm off to stevo's and for my £1050 I get new Toyota head, head gasket and bolts, cambelt, tensioner abs a 12 month guarantee.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Sorry to hear that andy... Bdt did his himself.
                    I'm off to stevo's and for my £1050 I get new Toyota head, head gasket and bolts, cambelt, tensioner abs a 12 month guarantee.
                    just out of intrest do u get cam shaft etc,my old one had a little play,sounds loverly now

Comment

Yes, yes and yes.
                      It's a brand spanking new , fully made up head, all bits being new, not reconditioned.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yes, yes and yes.
                        It's a brand spanking new , fully made up head, all bits being new, not reconditioned.
                        That sounds good - I'd like to have new injectors and glow plugs thrown in.....

Comment

Thrown in where .... The fuel tank??
                          I'm positive, stevo is extremely flexible when it comes to what you want andy. Give him a call
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thrown in where .... The fuel tank??
                            I'm positive, stevo is extremely flexible when it comes to what you want andy. Give him a call
                            I'll have to wait until we've moved, as the money needs to stay in the bank instead of going into the truck, so it's going to be next year when I get it done - just looking at what the bill will look like.....large enough to consider selling up at the moment...

Comment

I'll have to wait until we've moved, as the money needs to stay in the bank instead of going into the truck, so it's going to be next year when I get it done - just looking at what the bill will look like.....large enough to consider selling up at the moment...
                              very true,if mine wasnt low mileage i'd have sold up and prob got a twin cab

Comment

Working...
                              X