2.8 3L +turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 3L +turbo

I have a 1900 surf that origionally had a 2.4t engine on it and has had a swap to the 2.8 engine (Just the engine block) and is running 10psi on that. Looking at a few calculators this would be running a compression ratio of 36:1 instead of the stock 22:1 (don't think this is right). Which sounds way to high to me.
    I have just got quite a bad cracked head so wondering if i should wind the boost down or what?
    Anyone else running a 3L turbo?
    What kind of boost is better for the head?
    And how do i change boost pressure?

Originally posted by johnoenator42 View Post
    I have a 1900 surf that origionally had a 2.4t engine on it and has had a swap to the 2.8 engine (Just the engine block) and is running 10psi on that. Looking at a few calculators this would be running a compression ratio of 36:1 instead of the stock 22:1 (don't think this is right). Which sounds way to high to me.
    I have just got quite a bad cracked head so wondering if i should wind the boost down or what?
    I reckon to have got 109 years out of a Surf was not too bad?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by johnoenator42 View Post
      Anyone else running a 3L turbo?
      What kind of boost is better for the head?
      And how do i change boost pressure?

are you running a 2.8 with the 2.4 turbo set up ?? as the only 2.8 we get here normally is non turbo

the diahatsu 2.8 is turbocharged and is a toyota engine
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Do a search for 'wastegate'.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          I reckon to have got 109 years out of a Surf was not too bad?
          Well spotted
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

What kind of boost is better for the head? Well... probably none.

You didn't expect a sensible answer here did you?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

when you say swapped over and you mentioned the block,was it just the block that was swapped or was it the head also.or are you running a 2.8 block with a 2.4 head???? if its a 2.8 block with a 2.4 head there lies your problem coz you are still using the 2.4 head get your self a 2.8(3l) head.and it will be fine.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Yea, running a 2.8 with the 2.4 setup, 2.8 head.

Comment

Working...
                X