Hospital Appeal...Come on folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Appeal...Come on folks!

Oky Dokey folks All in a good cause!!..... one of the Italian Staff over here has a good idea and has...well you can see below.....what i was going to ask was if i can get the address of the unit or point of contact etc would anyone be up for mailing some of their old kids films etc to them?

Dear All,

At the Lupus Clinic of the St Thomas' NHS Hospital in London they have some chemotherapy Infusion Rooms for which I'm trying to set up some Video Entertainment facility for the patient having to spend 4 to 8 hours attached to an iv in a little room with no windows. I've already donated a TV and a region 0 DVD player. Now I'm trying to supply also some DVD for them to play.
    For this I'm asking for your help.
    If any of you has some DVDs that are not needed I will be grateful if you could donate them, that will help me immensely to set up a collection for the patients to chose from.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pietro Malandrucco

Anyone up for it?

Rob
    Last edited by wiggy; 8 October 2009, 09:06.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

I dare say we've got a pile of vids or DVDs somewhere. I'll ask the missus.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'll see what I can sort out from what the kids have left behind now they moved out

Comment

That would be great.. still trying to get a hold of him to get the address and sort out details.. if there is enough interest prob the best way to do it is to post the titles here so we arent duplicating films. will get back to you lot as soon as he is off his panini break. Probably this Afternoon ...Still waiting on him to update my workstation lol

Thanks again!
        Rob

Comment

Hi Wiggy, do not have any Dvds, as i only buy specific ones, but i do have 8 xbox games, good ones, so if they are any good let me know.
          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

bump
            www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Hospital Appeal

Hi Wiggy, weve just had a loft clearout and found loads of kids films on VHS, would they be of any use at all?

Mick

Comment

I have some brand new kids DVDs that they can have if you get an address to send them to.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks ..... The guy that put out the original request is back in the UK for the weekend so i will get the addy of him for the place and move from there... Many thanks again for being so generous! will get back to yourselves on monday

Ciao for now folks!

Rob

Comment

Hi Folks.
                    Thanks for bearing with me on the DVD thread for the Hospital.... please PM me if you can still part with them, and i shall return the address to send the old DVD's to (please just send them the cheapest way as not to put yourselves out).
                    She will collect them all in and then deliver them as a job lot to the Hospital rather than mucking around sending them over here then sending them all back etc.

Again many thanks for your generosity and will post how its all going once they get there and are in place. Once again a big thanks to everyone as im sure they will be very well received.

P.s Sorry again for not replying sooner to those folk that offered backup DVD files, Pietro said to pass on his thanks but he asked the hospital and as its a public building they can only hold original DVD's... something to do with the law and copyright issues..

All the best

Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X