No announcement yet.

What do you do with yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had all sorts of 4x4's. One I would definitely have is a diesel long wheel base Cherokee. Reasonable lump( not the early ones,they had head issues to) and a solid front axle. Seem a 52 plate one, lifted on MUDs at drumclog... And it did very well
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

as i have posted before i have a TR7, i also have a motorhome and i use the surf for pulling a trailer for work and also too carry tools for work the surf also doubles up as the main family vehicle otherwise it would meen having a fourth, ouch!!! now that would really hurt... the surf replaced a ford maverick....../nissan terrano

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at the cherokee before I got the surf. I liked the box type one. It looks a bit raw & naked. A bit like the 2nd gen surf.
        Breakdown- seen you out in loads of places, but I'm always in me truck, so I wouldn't like to flash ya or anything or you'd be thinking 'who's that mad f*@ker!!' If your on the cb (which I think you are if me eyes are right) what channel you on, I'll give you a shout...
        www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
          Yeah, I was looking at the cherokee before I got the surf. I liked the box type one. It looks a bit raw & naked. A bit like the 2nd gen surf.
          Breakdown- seen you out in loads of places, but I'm always in me truck, so I wouldn't like to flash ya or anything or you'd be thinking 'who's that mad f*@ker!!' If your on the cb (which I think you are if me eyes are right) what channel you on, I'll give you a shout...
          I still have one, and have had a few Cherokees. They are nice and usually come with a lot of extra's but, the only decent lump is the 4.0 six, petrol. and with it the fuel consumption. yes, mines on LPG, but with that comes loss of power etc.
          All the diesels are garbage. (I'm talking about the square shape Cherokee)
          I like the look of Cherokees when they are lifted. (mine's on 33's)

But since getting the Surf I must admit that the Surf is a much better vehicle, far more refined, and a diesel that has a bit of go as well.
          Last edited by slobodan; 4 October 2009, 22:49.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Got mine purely for transporting my dogs. The surf is the only 4x4 I found with a large boot space with the seats still up.
            Mick
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

got a series 1 disco ended up selling that as had a rather bad case of tin worm, offered surf at a good price as was overheating, new water pump and bottom pulley later, bought for taking 2 large dogs out, problem is can't open boot now after smashing the back, used as family motor and being abused off road now and its loving everything i can throw at it

Comment

We use the 3rd gen as MudSurfette's daily drive and canine cab and the 2nd gen as the laning play mobile (not to be confused with playmobil - disasterous haircuts....) and is currently my daily drive until the Audi's brakes are done...

More room than any of the Disco, Lame Rover Deafenders or Rangly Rovers - better ride than most other cars, nicer than my dad's Shogun, cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to maintain (I do it) and a good solid, well made, comfy, spacious and totally groovy motor! I'd swap mine tomorrow for a Landcruiser though....
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                X