@Apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Apache

Did you ever start thinking out a design, possible implementation, for having a go at making a remote oil filter adaptor plate?

What lathe did you get, btw?

bump.........

Matt i may know of a Myford ML10
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      Matt i may know of a Myford ML10
      Any chance you might be able to find out if they are indeed selling and a price and info if so?

Lovely machines are those.

Cheers Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Any chance you might be able to find out if they are indeed selling and a price and info if so?

Lovely machines are those.

Cheers Ian.

It's my dad's ........he has a ml 7 and a drumond round bed as well

i'll ask

Comment

It's my dad's ........he has a ml 7 and a drumond round bed as well

i'll ask
          Cheers. The ML7 is the 10's older, bigger brother, isn't it?

Just Google'd that Drummond. They're sexy looking machines.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Cheers. The ML7 is the 10's older, bigger brother, isn't it?

Just Google'd that Drummond. They're sexy looking machines.
            best you go away and do some research the 10 is a small scale modler up to 3.5 inch a 7 will do more like a 5 inch i'll contact you later about it

Comment

best you go away and do some research the 10 is a small scale modler up to 3.5 inch a 7 will do more like a 5 inch i'll contact you later about it
              I already have researched them out to a degree. I was drooling over the pics of some Myford's within the last few weeks. (I'm not a complete and utter saddo. Honest).

Cheers again Ian. I'll await your update.

Comment

Ahhhh lathes...

Matt, no, not yet. Currently making log periodic antennas from my shed

We pay over a grand for 200MHz-1GHz. I can build for ~£30 and a few hours work.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I spent hours on a Myford super 7 when i first started work back in god knows when....
                  we made temerature probes and we used to polish the stainless by sticking it in the lathe, bung the lath in top gear and hold emery cloth to it....
                  cannot remember how many times i forgot to lock the tail stock and the tube shot across the workshop knackering the probe in the process......

Just like this one..... but no where near as clean....

Remember arrows are silent.....................
                  Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Ahhhh lathes...

Matt, no, not yet. Currently making log periodic antennas from my shed

We pay over a grand for 200MHz-1GHz. I can build for ~£30 and a few hours work.
                    So, what lathe did you get then?

Top idea on building the aerials, btw. I know it will be top class gear your lot buy, but that much for a log? By Christ, that's shocking. Are they made out of gold or something?

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                    I spent hours on a Myford super 7 when i first started work back in god knows when....
                    we made temerature probes and we used to polish the stainless by sticking it in the lathe, bung the lath in top gear and hold emery cloth to it....
                    cannot remember how many times i forgot to lock the tail stock and the tube shot across the workshop knackering the probe in the process......

Just like this one..... but no where near as clean....

That's unnaturally clean. A restored unit?

Comment

Working...
                    X