• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry but HOW is this a recall ?

Has Toyota lost it's marbles ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8281981.stm

Trev
    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 30 September 2009, 08:02.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

linky no worky
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

linky now worky
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The US government said it had received reports of 100 related incidents that involved 17 crashes and five deaths

Comment

It's a recall because fat americans can't reach down to move the mats
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I imagine that applies to all cars ever built with loose overmats!

Happened to me in my mates MR2 Turbo. Simply cured by reaching down and pulling floormat, though I could have a) put it in neutral b) braked - though I also could have used that time to dial 999 I suppose...
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Had the same thing with my Celica, same as Apache just pulled the matt back job done, no issues, no deaths, no panic, oh what a nightmare it was.
              Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                Had the same thing with my Celica, same as Apache just pulled the matt back job done, no issues, no deaths, no panic, oh what a nightmare it was.
                That must of been so traumatic for you, here in probaly lies the reason for Toyotas recall, yanks love nothing better than litigation, stating trauma, extra therapy sessions, nightmares and loss of the ability to drive because of flashbacks. Should think Toyotas lawyers are having a collective gulp at the moment.
                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Confused..if you have time to dial 911 you would have time to drop her into neutral...manual or auto... even kill the ignition...(mind the steering lock thou)

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    I imagine that applies to all cars ever built with loose overmats!

Happened to me in my mates MR2 Turbo. Simply cured by reaching down and pulling floormat, though I could have a) put it in neutral b) braked - though I also could have used that time to dial 999 I suppose...
                    was just gonna say the same when i read this.

Before the crash, one of the passengers called 911 to report that the accelerator was stuck and the car had reached 120 miles per hour (193km per hour).
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                      That must of been so traumatic for you, here in probaly lies the reason for Toyotas recall, yanks love nothing better than litigation, stating trauma, extra therapy sessions, nightmares and loss of the ability to drive because of flashbacks. Should think Toyotas lawyers are having a collective gulp at the moment.
                      Am still in therapy now, and the flashbacks ohhhhh the flashbacks.
                      Neal

Comment

I can just see the litigation vultures sorry lawyers now "Toyota should have stated in the handbook that if the accelerator sticks on the mat the driver should pull the mat back to free the accelerator and that at the start of a journey the driver should check that there is no obstruction to the safe opperation of the accelerator and brake pedals".......
                        The thick tw@s cant think for themselfs.
                        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

At least it goes to prove that old and time worn film scene they do. You know the one where the vehicle is running away down a hill with no brakes and they never think to pop it in neutral or gear down and apply the handbrake? Some of them obviously are that stupid.

Whereas we sit watching it thinking 'thick pillocks', they obviously do just panic instead.

Comment

I may be wrong but wouldnt a firm right foot on the brake pedal help in this situation. Yanks have no idea how to drive I worked with one who had driven for 10 years in the states and 2 years in uk on an international licence took her 7 attempts to pass the uk driving test.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                              Am still in therapy now, and the flashbacks ohhhhh the flashbacks.
                              Is that the kerching, of a till i hear in the background,
                              www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Working...
                              X