Indestructable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indestructable!

Well I have just returned from a lovely day out up at toms farm in my gen surf. people said to me "you aint gonna take that very far are you". I have driven hard, bounced the truck, rammed it and got through loads of water without a snorkel. it has slid and bumped its way through the 700acre site. The vehicle also my daily driver running 31 muds even pulled a range rover with no drive up a stupid angle on loose mud and stone roads as well as through the deep mud to get it back to the car park.

Well after that people couldnt get enough of it then. the truck was going where racing quads and bikes wouldnt dare. i wouldnt swap my surfs for anything, she drove home superbly without a hint of a squeak. not bad for a truck that has been airborne a few times.

the othe 4x4's up there consisted of a range rover classic. which would have been good if the owner knew how to drive it and had put in a ne clutch when advise three weeks ago. a frontera, which to be honest cost 200quid and was my new best friend by the end of it. trying to take me places he thought my truck wouldnt go. but it did. he then proceeded to get stuck rather badly in a deep bog and lost his front drive so decided once i had recovered him it was enough.

i dont know how many of you have actually been to toms farm up behind newtown, but i could be such a great place if it was marshalled properly. i mean there was a Y reg disco absolutely hammering it around with four big blokes in it. i mean thay had trashed the front end, and rear. and there were warning buzzers in it making sound. the vehicle most likely to be stolen was causing a bot of a nightmare to the young riders on bikes. so as i said could be such a good place to go. every terrain you can think of is there.

just thought id share it with you all cos im still amazed at how my truck is still standing with no faults at all.
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

got any pics

Comment

i have not as i do not have a camera at the moment. but, all the people i was there with do have cameras and the frontera guy was videoing it all so that should be in you tube under toms farm or frontera within a week. you boys should all come up some day for a meet there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
        Well I have just returned from a lovely day out up at toms farm in my gen surf. people said to me "you aint gonna take that very far are you". I have driven hard, bounced the truck, rammed it and got through loads of water without a snorkel. it has slid and bumped its way through the 700acre site. The vehicle also my daily driver running 31 muds even pulled a range rover with no drive up a stupid angle on loose mud and stone roads as well as through the deep mud to get it back to the car park.

Well after that people couldnt get enough of it then. the truck was going where racing quads and bikes wouldnt dare. i wouldnt swap my surfs for anything, she drove home superbly without a hint of a squeak. not bad for a truck that has been airborne a few times.

the othe 4x4's up there consisted of a range rover classic. which would have been good if the owner knew how to drive it and had put in a ne clutch when advise three weeks ago. a frontera, which to be honest cost 200quid and was my new best friend by the end of it. trying to take me places he thought my truck wouldnt go. but it did. he then proceeded to get stuck rather badly in a deep bog and lost his front drive so decided once i had recovered him it was enough.

i dont know how many of you have actually been to toms farm up behind newtown, but i could be such a great place if it was marshalled properly. i mean there was a Y reg disco absolutely hammering it around with four big blokes in it. i mean thay had trashed the front end, and rear. and there were warning buzzers in it making sound. the vehicle most likely to be stolen was causing a bot of a nightmare to the young riders on bikes. so as i said could be such a good place to go. every terrain you can think of is there.

just thought id share it with you all cos im still amazed at how my truck is still standing with no faults at all.
        I know what you mean. I took my surf properly offroad a few weeks ago for the first time & it made me proud. Performed just as good as the big wheeled defenders that surrounded me.
        When i headed back on to tarmac i was expecting something to be loose or maybe my tracking would be off...but there was nothing wrong at all. NOTHING.
        Lots of scratches on the paint but hey big deal.
        Only thing that annoyed me was the fact that i forgot to bring a camera.

Comment

i would be up for going next time you are thinking of going i thought it had been closed!!

Comment

they keep trying to close it but tom keeps going
            been there 4 times now on bikes and in my old surf

ive got a facebook page about toms farm
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...8809734&ref=ts
            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

soes anyone know can you camp on the site or is it just for the day??

Comment

I am not sure whether or not the place is genuinely open. but tom still has vehicles on there so as long as there are no notices up there and closed gates with big boulders i presume its still open, although it was a lot quieter than when i last went. but that was on a measly little bike. the owner was in jail for about 4 days due to not looking after his livestock properly, but is out. it's silly really because the site is absolutely awesome and potentially the best site in the uk if it was governed correctly. i will be going up next on some brand new 33' Bf muds and hopefully a nice cheap bodlyift, which im hoping someone on here can help me with.

oh and im also looking for a 2" suspension kit for a reasonable price and some ball joint spacers that i cant seem to find anywhere

and a booster seat for the missus cos she cant see over the dash!!! slap!

Comment

Working...
                X